Set Your Presence in the AT&T Office@Hand App
This article provides information on how to set your presence status on your AT&T Office@Hand app.
About user presence
Presences in the AT&T Office@Hand app represent a user’s availability status. Your presence in the AT&T Office@Hand app is helpful for others to see briefly if you’re online and available, busy and potentially unavailable, or offline and unavailable.
Your presence is indicated by the colored dot located at the bottom right of your profile picture. There are two methods for setting your presence. First, your presence can be system-triggered, which means the app will set your presence based on a set of circumstances.
For example, when you log in to your app for the day, this will set your presence to Available. When you log out or close out of the app or web browser, this will set your presence to Offline.
You can also manually change your presence at any time while logged into the AT&T Office@Hand app. If a user manually sets their presence, this will override any presence triggered by the system.
We’ll review how you can manually set your presence later, but for now, let’s discuss the different presence types you’ll find.
- Available: Indicated by a green dot, this means that the user is active and available to communicate. This presence can be system-triggered or set manually by the user.
- Offline: Indicated by a gray dot, this means that the user is offline or inactive (for 15 minutes or more), or logged out of the app. This is a system-triggered presence but will appear the same as Invisible.
- Invisible: Indicated by a gray dot, this will make it appear as if you’re offline. This presence can only be set manually but will appear the same as offline.
- Do not disturb: Indicated by a red dot with a white line through the center, this presence indicates that you do not want to be disturbed and will shut off all app notifications across mobile, desktop, and email. This presence can only be set manually by the user.
- Busy: Indicated by a red dot, this presence indicates if a user is in a meeting or on a call and should not be disturbed. This presence is system-triggered.
Note: Free AT&T Office@Hand app users will be unable to see if a person’s presence is set to Busy. Additionally, the system will not set a free user’s presence to Busy at any time.
Setting your presence for desktop and web
If you would like to manually set your presence while logged into the app, follow these steps:
- Select your profile picture at the top right-hand corner to open a dropdown menu.
- Hover your mouse over the presence currently selected under your status (the default is Available) to expand a list of presence options.
- Select one of the presences from the list of options. Options include Available, Invisible, and Do not disturb.
Once you’ve selected a presence, the dropdown menu will close and your presence.
Setting your presence for mobile
If you would like to manually set your presence in the mobile app, follow these steps:
- Tap the hamburger menu at the top left.
- Tap the pencil icon under your email address to edit your presence status.
- Select one of the presences from the list of options in the modal window. Options include:
- Do not disturb
These presence statuses are set automatically:
- On a call
- In a meeting
Once you’ve selected a presence, the colored dot in your profile picture will change to the presence you selected.
Please note that if you change your presence status in mobile, that presence will sync to desktop and web, and vice versa.
Key Words: AT&T Office@Hand app, AT&T Office@Hand app web, AT&T Office@Hand app desktop, AT&T Office@Hand app mobile, presence indicator, presence status, set presence status
Was this page helpful?