Setting up your Company’s Holiday Schedule Call Handling Rule
How do I set up a Company’s Holiday Schedule Call Handling Rule?
As an Administrator for your company’s Office@Hand account, you can setup your company’s Holiday Schedule call handling rules. For example, for your Holiday schedule, you can set all incoming calls to connect directly to an message-only extension that plays your recorded holiday greetings, then allow the caller to leave you a message.
Follow the steps below to create your Holiday Schedule call handling rule.
IMPORTANT: Make sure you have already created a Messages-Only Extension with your pre-recorded Holiday announcement voicemail greeting before proceeding. See (9448) for information on how to create a Messages-Only Extension for your Company Holiday Schedule Mailbox.
- Log in to your Office@Hand account.
- On the Phone System page, click Admin Portal.
- Select Auto-Receptionist and click IVR Settings.
- Click Custom Rule under Custom Answering Rules.
- Click Add Rule.
- Enter Your Rule Name, and then click Next.
- Click on Date and/or Time and select Specific Date Range. Set the Date and Time when the rule will be applied and click Next.
- Select Bypass greeting to go to an Extension and click Select Extension.
- Select the specific Messages-Only Extension you setup for this Holiday schedule and click Done.
- Click Save to save the custom rule.
After you have created your custom rule for the Holiday Schedule make sure validate this by clicking on Validate Rules. The Validate Rules feature helps determine that the Enabled rules have no duplicates or are not out of date.
Keywords: 9453, holiday rule, custom rule, setup holiday schedule, advanced call handling, holiday call handling
Was this page helpful?