Manage Virtual Office with AT&T Collaborate
As an administrator for the AT&T Collaborate SM service with permissions to manage sites, you can manage Virtual Office for your site. With this feature, users can make calls while away from their desks that appear as though the calls came from their desks. For example, a sales person on the road can make sales calls that appear to come from the office.
You can update the Virtual Office profile and privacy settings. Profile settings include the name, time zone, and permissions to use Virtual Office. Privacy settings determine whether the portal is included in search results when a user searches the company or auto attendant directories.
Update the Virtual Office profile
- On the Collaborate homepage, click Select a site or Switch sites, and then select the site you want to manage.
- On the left menu, expand Administration, and then click Features. The Site feature settings page appears.
- In the Virtual Office section, click Edit. The Virtual Office page appears.
- To update the Virtual Office phone number and extension, in the Phone number field, enter or search for a phone number.
Note: If you search for a number from the list of available numbers, the extension is automatically updated. You can also update the extension manually.
- Update the name and time zone.
- Set who can use the Virtual Office:
- To allow access for all users in your company, under User settings, select Apply settings to users in the company.
- To only allow users at your site, under User settings, select Apply settings to users at this site.
- Under Privacy, use these settings to hide or show the portal:
- To hide the portal from directories, check Exclude the virtual office information from the company directory.
- To hide the portal extension from auto attendants, check Exclude the virtual office information when a caller selects the Auto Attendant dial by extension option.
- To hide the portal name from auto attendants, check Exclude the virtual office information when a caller selects the Auto Attendant dial by name option.
- Click Save.