Manage a user’s dial restrictions with AT&T Collaborate
As an administrator with the AT&T Collaborate SM service, you can use dial restrictions to control the types of calls users can make. For example, you might want to prevent a user from making operator, directory assistance, and international calls. Or, you might want to let a user make operator and directory assistance calls but not international calls. Collaborate provides standard dial restrictions for these common call types. By default, these standard dial restrictions are turned off.
You can use standard dial restrictions, and you can also create and assign custom dial restrictions, such as setting time-of-day constraints or restricting incoming calls.
Custom dial restrictions provide greater flexibility than standard dial restrictions. For example, standard dial restrictions would prevent all international calls, but, using custom dial restrictions, you could allow your sales team to call Canada and the United Kingdom but no other international locations. For information about managing dial restrictions for a site or for your company, including custom dial restrictions, see Manage dial restrictions.
You can assign dial restrictions to an individual user or to a group of users at one time, in bulk.
Manage dial restrictions for a user
- On the Collaborate homepage, on the left menu, expand Users, and then click Manage users. The Manage users page appears.
- Search for and select the user you want. The manage page for the user appears.
- Click Adjust settings. The Manage settings page appears.
- Click Manage dial restrictions. The Dial restrictions page appears.
- Next to Standard or Custom dial restrictions, click the Edit icon.
- To turn on or turn off a dial restriction, under Status, click On or Off, and then click Save.
Note: You can select only 1 custom dial restriction.
Manage dial restrictions for multiple users (in bulk)
- On the Collaborate homepage, on the left menu, click Bulk management. The Bulk management page appears.
- Click Manage dial restrictions. The User dial restrictions page appears.
- Enter or search for and select a site.
- In each of the following sections, turn on the dial restrictions you want:
- Apply standard dial restrictions
- Apply custom dial restriction profile
- To select users who will be affected by the dial restrictions, click Select more users. The Select users window opens.
- Search for and select the users you want, and then click Assign.
- Enter an email address where we can send a confirmation message, and then click Apply.