Creating a New Team in the AT&T Office@Hand Mobile
This article provides instructions on creating a new team in the AT&T Office@Hand Mobile.
A team is a conversation held between a group of people. They can be used to communicate with a group of people, from connecting with co-workers in your department to collaborating on a project with others in your company.
Teams can be created by any AT&T Office@Hand App user, and the person who creates a team automatically becomes that team’s administrator.
There are several methods for creating a team in the AT&T Office@Hand Mobile, including the following:
- By tapping on the blue plus button in the Message or Contacts menu and selecting Create team from the menu.
- By converting a group into a team.
For the purpose of this article, let’s review how to create a team via the new actions plus button.
Creating a team
To create a team in the mobile app, follow these steps:
- Navigate to Message or Contacts via the bottom menu bar.
- Tap the new actions plus button located in the lower right corner.
- Select Create team from the menu.
- Provide a name for your team in the Team name field.
- Choose either Private (invite only) or Public (visible to any co-worker) from the Team type drop-down menu (more on that below).
- Tap Members, then enter a list of names or email addresses in the To field.
- Tap Next at top right.
- Tap the check mark at the top right to finish creating the team.
Once you’ve created your team, the app will navigate to that team’s message thread for you to add more members, draft a new message, or configure your team’s settings. Continue reading below to learn more about configuring your team’s settings.
Please note that if you have added a non-AT&T Office @Hand App user to a team by adding their email address, that will send an invite to the email address you provided asking the person to set up an account with the AT&T Office@Hand App.
Configuring your team settings
To configure your team settings in the mobile app, follow these steps:
- Tap on the team’s name at the top of the message thread.
- Tap the gear icon at top right.
You’ll see the team’s settings page. Right under the team’s name, you can tap the Team description text to enter a brief description for the team.
Your team’s settings are also divided into three sections: the user settings, admin settings, and allow members to. Let’s review each of these sections below.
The User settings section is available to all members of the team, where they can configure the following:
- Favorite: Toggle on to add the team to your favorites list.
- Mute: Toggle on to stop receiving mobile or email notifications from the team.
- Mobile notifications: If Mute is disabled, select when to receive mobile notifications from the team.
Your options are Every message, First new message only, and Off.
- Email notifications: If Mute is disabled, select when to receive email notifications from the team. Your options are Every 15 minutes, Every hour, and Off.
The Admin settings section is only available to team admins for configuring the following:
- Team name: The name of your team.
- Team type: Tap to reveal the menu and choose from the following options:
- Private (invite only): Set the team to private. AT&T Office@Hand App users will need to be invited to a private team, and they will be unable to search for this team if they have not been invited.
- Public (visible to any co-worker): Set the team to public, meaning anyone can join without an invitation and anyone can find it via search or the Contacts menu.
- Remove team members: Tap to remove members from the team.
- Update team admins: Tap to add members to the list of team admins.
Allow members to
The Allow members to section is only available to team admins to allow specific actions team members can perform within the team. These actions are:
- Add other members: Toggle this on if you’d like to allow non-admin members of the team to invite members. This setting is only available for private teams.
- Post messages: Toggle this setting off if you’d like to make this team read-only, meaning any non-admins will be unable to post in this team.
- Add integrations: Toggle this setting on if you’d like to allow non-admin members of the team to integrate apps in this team.
- Pin posts: Toggle this setting on if you’d like to allow non-admins to pin posts in the conversation.
- Use @Team mentions: Toggle this setting on if you’d like to allow non-admins to use the @team mention in a message.
Key Words: AT&T Office@Hand Mobile, create new team, new team, configure team settings
Was this page helpful?