Basic troubleshooting tips for your phones
The most common issues you might encounter with your phones may include:
• No Dial Tone
• Can’t Make /Receive Calls
• Distorted Reception
• Voice Delays/Jittering
• One way Audio
• You are able to hear your caller but they cannot hear you
• Your caller can hear you but you cannot hear them
• Call Dropouts
Here are some helpful troubleshooting steps:
• Log on to your Office@Hand account and make sure it is active.
• Make sure the internet connection is active. If the Internet connection is not working then you need to check with your current Internet Service Provider.
• Check if the cables are snuggly fit on their ports. Also, try and change the cables as it may also be the cause of the issue.
• Run a Speedtest to check if your connection is stable through http://officeathand.att.com/qos.html. This VoIP speed test link will help you determine whether your are having a RingCentral DigitalLine problem or an underlying bandwidth quality issue.
• Enable Port Triggering or Port Forwarding on your router – IP Phones/ATA Adapters need port ranges 5060-5090 UDP with the range of 16384-16482 UDP. Inbound and Outbound should also be set to OPEN. To learn how to enable this feature, see your router documentation or contact the router manufacturer for support.
• Power cycle the devices. Unplug the devices (affected phones, routers and modems) for 1 minute and plug back in.
• Isolate Internet connection. Remove everything from Internet connection except the device and test if issue still exists.
• Do a test call.
Was this page helpful?