AT&T Office@Hand Limited Extension Overview
This article describes the Limited Extension for AT&T Office@Hand and provides the steps on how Administrators can add a limited extension to the account.
The AT&T Office@Hand Limited Extension is an extension with features limited primarily to calling. Limited Extension is an available on-demand feature for all AT&T Office@Hand accounts. Contact AT&T Office@Hand Sales to have the feature enabled, so you can purchase the license on your end.
Key Features and Benefits
- Allows AT&T Office@Hand Administrators the flexibility to purchase limited extensions for several common area phones that are not tied to a specific user (conference room, lobby, break room etc.)
- Limited feature set; primarily used for making & receiving calls
- Administrators can control whether international calls are allowed
- Phone service with cloud call management/ extension calling
- Caller ID Setup
- Local DigitalLine phone number/ device
- No softphone/ AT&T Office@Hand Phone or AT&T Office@Hand Mobile app use supported
- No mailbox
- No intercom paging supported
- Switched off by default, contact your AT&T Office@Hand representative to enable adding a limited extension on your account
Limited Extension FAQ
- What is the difference between this extension type and a user extension?
This extension has limited features and is not tied to a user.
- Does a Limited Extension count towards an account’s number of extensions; for example, if you have 19 users and add a Limited Extension, does the account now have 20 DigitalLines?
No. A Limited Extension does not count toward the plan.
- Can I assign a regular user’s unlimited DigitalLine to a Limited Extension?
No. It is not possible to assign regular user’s unlimited DigitalLine to Limited Extension. Also, you cannot assign a Limited Extension DigitalLine to a regular user
- Can you put additional Virtual numbers on a Limited Extension?
- How are the incoming calls to a Limited Extension handled?
The incoming call will be ringing for a pre-defined duration of 20 seconds on the device assigned to the Limited Extension. If not answered, it will be routed to a configurable Announcement and then be disconnected.
Note: A Limited Extension does not have a voicemail box.
- The user did not receive an email to activate the Limited Extension. How do I resend the Activation Email?
To resend the Welcome Email, follow the steps below:
Note: Before proceeding with the steps below make sure that you are already logged in to your AT&T Office@Hand Account as an Administrator.
- Log in to the AT&T Office@Hand account.
- Navigate to Admin Portal > Phone System > Groups > Others.
- Click the Resend Invitation link on the Limited Extension that needs to be activated.
Alternatively, you can click on the Limited Extension then click on the Resend Welcome Email button under the Limited Extension Info screen.
Key Words: limited extension, group, voice only, add limited extension
Was this page helpful?