AT&T Collaborate quick reference OBi302 Universal Voice and Fax Adapter
This guide contains the information you need to get started using your OBi302 Universal Voice and Fax Adapter. You’ll learn how to assign this device to a user and set up preferences.
OBi302 Universal Voice and Fax Adapter enables you to use your standard analog phones and fax machines with the AT&T CollaborateSM service.
Collaborate is a Voice over IP (VoIP) system that transports calls over the AT&T IP network rather than over the traditional public switched telephone network.
The OBi302 Universal Voice and Fax Adapter includes 2 analog Foreign Exchange Station (FXS) ports for your phone and fax machine, and supports up to 2 concurrent voice or fax calls. It provides highly-secure communications using Transport Layer Security (TLS) and Secure Real-time Transport Protocol (SRTP).
Manage the OBi302
- On the Collaborate homepage, click Select a site or Switch sites, and then search for or select a site.
- On the left menu, expand Users, and then click Manage users. The Manage users page appears.
- Search for or select the user you want to manage. The manage page for the user appears.
- Click Assign devices and apps. The Manage equipment page appears.
- Click Manage devices and apps.
- Next to the Obi302, click Edit. The manage page for the device appears.
- Click the View and manage profile page appears.
View and manage the device profile
- On the View and manage profile page, update the following device information:
- Device description
- Internet access options
- Audio codec settings
- Interdigit timeout interval
- Other settings and features
- To register the device’s location, follow the steps in Manage the Registered Location.
- To make the device a hotline, at the top of the page, click Set up line keys.
Note: Making this device a hotline means that the device automatically calls a specific number. In this case, the user is typically not a person but a location, such as “Lobby.” For example, when users pick up the lobby phone, they’re automatically connected to the receptionist.
- Click Set up hotline.
- When you’re prompted to confirm, click OK. The Set up hotline page appears.
- Enter a phone number to call automatically, and then click Continue.
- In the message, click Reset now.
Manage the Registered Location
- Continuing from the Manage equipment page, click Manage registered locations. The Registered Location page appears.
- Next to the device make and model, click Edit.
- Enter the following information about where the device is physically located:
- The building number and suffix (the suffix is optional)
- Street prefix, name, and suffix (the street prefix is optional)
- City, state, and ZIP Code
Note that all other fields on this page are optional.
- When you’re finished, click Verify address.