AT&T Collaborate quick reference EdgeMarc 250 Integrated Access Device
The EdgeMarc 250® integrated access device converts multiple types of input signals (analog phone, digital phone, and fax) into a common communications format.
The EdgeMarc 250 provides Voice over IP (VoIP) and fax over IP for use with the AT&T CollaborateSM service.
Collaborate is a VoIP system that transports calls over the AT&T IP network rather than over the traditional public switched telephone network.
Use the EdgeMarc 250 to connect analog devices. The EdgeMarc 250 comes with 4 analog foreign exchange subscriber (FXS) ports that support voice, fax, and other data devices such as alarm systems and point of sale (POS) terminals. This device has a local area network (LAN) switch (non-power over ethernet) that you can use to connect up to 7 IP phones. Use one LAN port to connect the EdgeMarc 250 to your LAN.
Manage the EdgeMarc
- On the Collaborate homepage, click Select a site or Switch sites, and then search for or select a site.
- On the left menu, expand Users, and then click Manage users. The Manage users page appears.
- Search for or select the user you want to manage. The manage page for the user appears.
- Click Assign devices and apps. The Manage equipment page appears.
- Click Manage devices and apps.
- Next to the EdgeMarc 250, click Edit. The manage page for the device appears.
- Click View and manage profile. The View and manage profile page appears.
View and manage the device profile
- On the View and manage profile page, update the following device information:
- Device description
- Internet access options
- Audio codec settings
- Interdigit timeout interval
- Other settings and features
- To register the device’s location, follow the steps in Manage the Registered Location section.
- To make the device a hotline, at the top of the page, click Set up line keys.
Note: Making this device a hotline means that the device automatically calls a specific number. In this case, the user is typically not a person but a location, such as “Lobby.” For example, when users pick up the lobby phone, they’re automatically connected to the receptionist.
- Click Set up hotline.
- When you’re prompted to confirm, click OK. The Set up hotline page appears.
- Enter a phone number to call automatically, and then click Continue.
- In the message, click Reset now.
Manage the Registered Location
- Continuing from the Manage equipment page, click Manage registered locations. The Registered Location page appears.
- Next to the device make and model, click Edit.
- Enter the following information about where the device is physically located:
- The building number and suffix (the suffix is optional)
- Street prefix, name, and suffix (the street prefix is optional)
- City, state, and ZIP Code
Note that all other fields on this page are optional.
- When you’re finished, click Verify address.