Receiving Messages from Various Protocols with AT&T Business Messaging
Users can receive messages from all supported protocols on the platform, including:
- SNPP (Simple Network Paging Protocol)
- WCTP (Wireless Communications Transfer Protocol)
- TAP (Telelocator Alphanumeric Protocol)
- SMTP (Simple Mail Transfer Protocol)
The messages will be delivered to the application based on your user profile configuration. For example, if the profile is set to:
- SMS: The user will receive a message through SMS channel to their native text client.
- IP: The user will receive the message through IP to their IP Messaging client.
Receiving Messages via Email
If a message is received via email, the email address appears instead of the short code. Replies to two-way messages appear as part of the same conversation. Replies to one-way messages are not allowed.
Email users can attach up to three separate attachments in a message, but the size of each attachment cannot exceed 5 MB. Any replies can include only