Shared Lines – Customize Music on Hold | AT&T Office@Hand
This article provides information on how to customize music on hold for a shared lines group. The Shared Lines feature allows calls made to one phone number to be answered by multiple phone devices. Answered calls can be handed off to other phones sharing the same phone number. Music on hold provides callers with a more robust waiting experience when placed on hold.
Note: Only Account Administrators or a Shared Lines Group Manager can set up and configure Shared Lines on the AT&T Office@Hand Online account.
How to customize music on hold for a shared lines group?
- On the Admin Portal, go to Phone System > Groups > Shared Lines section.
- Select a Shared Lines group that needs to be modified, then click Greeting.
- Go to Business Hours, then below Hold Music, click Enable.
- Click the drop-down box below Set Audio, then select Custom. Click Browse.
- Select your audio, then click Done. Back to the Greeting section, click Save.
Note: Recommended audio file formats are CCITT u-Law (G711a), 8kHz, 8 bit, mono. The allowed .mp3 formats are PCM, 8kHz, 16 bit, mono. It is recommended to use either .wav or .mp3 audio file formats, otherwise, it will not work correctly.
Key Words: 11178, Shared Lines, group, hold music, at&t office@hand, Online account, Account Adminsitrator, group manager, Admin Portal, music on hold
Was this page helpful?