Setting up Port Forwarding or Port Triggering on a Linksys router
How do I set up port forwarding or port triggering on a Linksys router?
Port Triggering and Port Forwarding are NAT/firewall-related features and functions. These features are available on most, if not all, SOHO (Small Office Home Office) routers; they are usually not available on higher-end routers or firewalls. Port Triggering and Port Forwarding, DO NOT contribute to QoS/call-quality improvements.
Set up Port Triggering or Port Forwarding only if:
- Security changes were made to your network configuration, or router, and are now unable to make calls using the RingCentral phone system, or experiencing one-way audio. This is due to connectivity issues to/from RingCentral’s SIP servers.
- You installed a new router. After confirming that internet connectivity is OK, and the phone is powered on, and you still are unable to make calls using the RingCentral system, or experiencing one-way audio, then port triggering or port forwarding may be necessary.
Follow the steps below to proceed:
- Access your Linksys router’s web-based setup page.
- Click Applications & Gaming > Port Range Forwarding.
- Under the Application Name column, enter “RingCentral_x” to represent the software.
Note: The symbol “x”represents the number in the name series.
- Enter the port numbers of the computer application in the required fields. Check each box under Enabled to activate.
Note: The range of port numbers for the RingCentral service is 5060-5090, 8000-8200 and 16384-16482. Follow the attributes indicated in the image below.
Note: The image may differ depending on the model of your Linksys router.
- Access the router’s web-based setup page.
QUICK TIP: This can be done by entering the IP address of your router on a web browser’s address bar.
- Click Applications & Gaming.
- Select Port Range Triggering.
- Under the Application Name column, enter “RingCentral” to represent the software.
- Enter the port numbers of the computer application in the required fields.
Note: The range of port numbers for the RingCentral service is 5060-5090.
- Click .
Keywords: port forwarding, port triggering, forward, trigger, port, linksys, router, 5204
Was this page helpful?