Rules Overview for AT&T Fleet Management for Enterprise/Government
The rules in AT&T Fleet Management for Enterprise/Government are used to keep track of driver behavior and vehicle status. There are stock rules that can be applied to all drivers in your AT&T Fleet Management for Enterprise/Government account. You can also create custom rules that can be applied specific groups or vehicles. Custom rules can also include more than one driver attribute or conditions to monitor.
These rules can be monitored in real-time via notifications or with automated exception reports.
Accessing the rules
- Click on Rules & Groups in the menu on the left of the database.
- Click Rules.
- The list of rules displays.
Navigating the rules list
The stock rules are broken up into three categories to make it easier to find a specific rule.
The categories are:
- These rules deal with dangerous driving events and general safety monitoring such as speeding, seatbelt use, and accidents.
- These rules monitor driver productivity based around work hours such as, late arrival, unauthorized stops, long lunch, etc.
- Fleet (Proactive Engine Monitoring)
- These rules deal with vehicle maintenance/upkeep, idling time, battery drain, engine abuse, etc.
Note: Custom rules can be found at the bottom of the rules page, within the advanced group.
- Options to enable or disable the rule.
- The options available for the rule.
Note: A Save button displays if you change the rule options.
- A description of the rule.
- An icon to create a copy of the rule as a custom rule.
- An icon for setting available options for the rule.
- An icon for managing the rule’s notification type and recipients.