Resolving fax attachment issues
How do I resolve fax attachment issues on my Office@Hand Softphone?
IMPORTANT: This article is for an older version of the Legacy Softphone and is no longer supported. For more information, go to Office@Hand: Download and Install the Desktop App.
There could be several reasons why you are having problems attaching a supported file to a fax message.
Sending a Fax through Email
Check the possible causes why you are unable to attach your file:
- Corrupt File – The document may be corrupt. Try sending another file or make a text document in Notepad, save it, and then attach the test file. Check if you are able to view the file locally on your computer.
- Unsupported File Type – Make sure that the file type is supported by RingCentral Office@Hand from AT&T Softphone. Click on the link below to know more about supported file types:
- File Size Too Large – The attachment may have exceeded the 20MB limit. Try sending a smaller file size.
Using Print to Fax
Application Issue – Sometimes an application issue can cause a file attachment issue. Use the procedure below to attach the file using the Office@Hand Internet Fax Printer option.
- Open the document in its original application.
- Click Print.
- Choose Office@Hand Internet Fax Printer menu and then click OK. The document should be added to the fax.
- Click Send Fax Now.
Note: If issues persist, try using a different program and file type (i.e. Adobe Acrobat with a PDF file)
If you are unable to attach any file from multiple applications, the Softphone might be causing the problem. Try uninstalling and reinstalling the Softphone.
Keywords: Resolving, Fax, attachment, issues, troubleshooting, attachment,
Was this page helpful?