Place a group call in Enhanced Push-to-Talk for Android devices
- From the “Groups” tab , scroll to desired group, and then tap group name. Alternately, you may tap the checkbox, and then tap Call.
- Your Enhanced Push-to-Talk group call is ready. Tap and hold the on-screen button to initialize call and begin speaking after the ‘chirp’ sound.
Note: If entire group is unavailable, tapping group name produces an ‘error’ tone and message.
- The microphone button turns and remains green as long as you continue to hold it, indicating that you ‘have the floor’. When you finish speaking, release the button.
Note: When the button is green, a dialogue bubble also indicates that you are speaking.
- When a group member replies, the on-screen button turns red indicating that they ‘have the floor’.
Note: When the button is red, a dialogue bubble also indicates who is speaking.
- When no one is speaking, the button is grey. End the call at any time by tapping End Call.
Note: If you are using a Samsung Rugby Pro device, you may assign your side key (button above the volume control key) to the Enhanced Push-to-Talk application and use it in place of the on-screen button.
- After call ends, it appears on the “Home” tab .