Advanced Call Handling – Set up Custom Rule Based on Called Number | Admin | AT&T Office@Hand
Account Administrators can set up a custom answering rule based on the phone number your clients have dialed.
Set up Custom Rule Based on Called Number – Admin
Account Administrators can set up advanced or multi-conditional company call handling rules. These advanced rules can be based on the following conditions: Date and/or Time, Caller ID of Incoming Calls, and Called Number, which refers to the number a caller dialed. We will make use of the Called Number condition on this article.
The Called Number rule is based on the phone number your clients dialed; for example, a phone number you are using for a customer promotion campaign.
- Log in to the Office@Hand Online Account.
- Go to Phone System > Auto-Receptionist > General Settings > IVR Settings.
- Click Custom Rule.
- Click Add Rule.
- Enter a name for the rule, then click Next.
- Select Called Number, then click Select Number.
- Select the number/s that will handle this custom rule by clicking the checkbox. Click Done, then click Next.
Note: The rule is activated when callers dial the selected number.
- Set the action that will be taken when the incoming call matches the rule.
Select Play company greeting or Bypass greeting to go to extension.
Play company greeting
- Under Set Greeting, select Default or Custom.
- Default Greeting – “Thank you for calling John Smith Company. If you know your party’s extension you may dial it at any time. For the Operator press 0 or stay on the line. For the Dial-By-Name directory press 9.”
- Custom Greeting – will allow you to set your greeting by Phone, Computer Microphone, or by Importing from your computer. To set the custom greeting, click the red Record button.
- Go to the next step.
Bypass greeting to go to extension
- Click Select Extension to select a user to handle the call.
- Click Save when finished.
- Go to the next step.
- Set the next action to be taken when the caller enters no action.
Select Connect to operator or Disconnect. Click Save.
- After you have created your custom rule for the based on the Called Number make sure validate this by clicking Validate Rules. The Validate Rules feature helps determine that the Enabled rules have no duplicates or are not out of date.
Call Handling – Set Up Custom Company Call Handling Rules | Admin | AT&T Office@Hand
Keywords: 9450, rule based on called number, setup rule, add custom rule, custom rule, advance call handling
Was this page helpful?