Setting up a rule based on the Called Number via the Auto-Receptionist
How do I set up a rule based on the Called Number via the Auto-Receptionist?
Account Administrators can set up advanced or multi-conditional company call handling rules. These advanced rules can be based on the following conditions: Date and/or Time, Caller ID of Incoming Calls, and Called Number, which refers to the number a caller dialed. We will make use of the Called Number condition on this article.
The Called Number rule is based on the phone number your clients dialed; for example, a phone number you are using for a customer promotion campaign.
- Log in to your Office@Hand account.
- On the Phone System tab, click Admin Portal.
- Select Auto-Receptionist and click IVR Settings.
- Click Custom Rule under Custom Answering Rules.
- Click Add Rule.
- Enter Your Rule Name, and then click Next.
- Select Called Number, and then click Select Number.
- The rule is activated when callers dial the selected number. Select those numbers you want to handle with this custom rule by checking the box. Click Save to continue.
- Once done, click Next.
- Select which action to take when the incoming call matches the Rule. This can be set to either Play company greeting or Bypass greeting to go to an Extension.
- Select either Connect to operator or Disconnect when no action has been taken by the caller.
- Click Save to save the custom rule.
After you have created your custom rule for the based on the Called Number make sure to validate this by clicking on Validate Rules. The Validate Rules feature helps determine that the Enabled rules have no duplicates or are not out of date.
Keywords: 9450, rule based on called number, setup rule, add custom rule, custom rule, advance call handling
Was this page helpful?