Office@Hand: Saving Call Logs,Office@Hand: Saving Call Logs,Voicemail, and Fax using the Archiver
How can I get more space when I run out of storage for call recordings and voicemails? How can I use Secure FTP, Dropbox, or Google Drive to store my Office@Hand call recordings, voicemails, text messages and faxes?
There are times when you run out of space for your Office@Hand call recordings, voicemails, text messages and/or faxes. AT&T Office@Hand Archiver makes it possible for customers to have an alternative storage for Office@Hand data via Dropbox, SFTP, and Google Drive integration. This provides an automatic backup solution, as well as a convenient way of accessing and retrieving stored data.
IMPORTANT: The AT&T Office@Hand Archiver is available to Standard, Premium, and Enterprise customers.
Use Case Scenario
A public manufacturer needs to comply with the SOX requirements and retains all the electronic data. The company decides to use Dropbox Integration, which allowed them to automatically archive electronic communications, such as call recordings, voicemails, text messages, and faxes. The integration app aided the company in SOX compliance.
Click on links below to learn more:
- Accessing the Office@Hand Archiver on the Online account
- Setting up a connection between Office@Hand and 3rd Party Storage Providers
- Changing the 3rd Party Storage Provider
- Backing up Office@Hand data using a 3rd Party Storage Provider
- Viewing Backup Logs
- Office@Hand Archiver Frequently Asked Questions
Accessing the Office@Hand Archiver via the Online account
- Log in to your Office@Hand Online account.
- Hover over Tools, then click Archiver.
Setting up a connection between Office@Hand and 3rd Party Storage Providers
Note: You can only connect to 1 storage per instance. For example, one cannot use Dropbox and Google Drive at the same time. Refer to Changing the 3rd Party Storage Provider section to learn how you can switch from one service to another.
- Access the Office@Hand Archiver on your Online account.
- Select your preferred storage provider:
Connecting the Office@Hand Archiver with Dropbox
- Click Connect opposite Dropbox.
- You can connect Office@Hand with Dropbox in 3 ways:
- Connect using Google:
Click Sign in with Google to create a Dropbox account using your Google credentials.
- Connect using your existing Dropbox account:
Enter your email address and password then click Sign in.
- Create a new Dropbox account:
Click New to Dropbox? Create an account to create a Dropbox account instead.
- Connect using Google:
- Click Allow.
Dropbox will be displayed as connected once the app has been authorized.
An Office@Hand folder appears on your Dropbox Apps folder when the connection has been successful.
Connecting the Office@Hand Archiver using SFTP
- Click Connect opposite SFTP.
- Enter your SFTP credentials, then click Connect.
Note: The image below shows a sample credential. Contact your IT department to get your company’s SFTP credentials.
Connecting the Office@Hand Archiver with Google Drive
- Click Connect opposite Google Drive.
- Click Allow.
Google Drive will be displayed as connected once the app has been authorized.
An Office@Hand folder appears on your Google Drive when the connection has been successful.
Changing the 3rd Party Storage Provider
Data backup is immediately discontinued if you prefer to change your current storage to another one. However, the Office@Hand folders created and the data backed up will be retained after the disconnection.
Follow the steps below to change your current Archiver storage to Dropbox, SFTP, or Google Drive.
- Under the Accounts tab, click Connect opposite the storage name.
Note: You can also click Disconnect opposite your current storage provider, then click Connect opposite your preferred storage provider.
- A pop-up warning appears, click Continue.
- Click any of the links below to learn more:
- Connecting the Office@Hand Archiver with Dropbox
- Connecting the Office@Hand Archiver using SFTP
- Connecting the Office@Hand Archiver with Google Drive
Backing up Office@Hand data using a 3rd Party Storage Provider
- Click the Sync Options tab.
Note: A pop-up alert appears if you are logged in as an Administrator. Click OK.
- Click your role below to see the available backup options:
Backup Options for Administrators
Administrators have 2 available backup options: Account Settings, and Extension Settings.
This view enables Administrators to enable or disable the backing up of Call Recordings. Backup is enabled by default, however, you will need to check Call Recordings so it can be backed up.
When backup is enabled in this view, the Office@Hand Archiver backs up data every hour and stores all the extensions’ call recordings generated within the hour before the Archiver’s last run.
Switching to this view triggers a pop-up alert advising that changes made in this view will only apply to the Administrator’s own extension settings. Click OK to continue.
Administrators can enable or disable Voice Mails, SMS, and Fax backups.
Note: Administrators cannot uncheck Call Recordings in this view since it is already enabled on the Account Settings view.
Backup Options for Users
Users can backup their own call recordings, voicemail, text messages, and/or Fax. The settings an extension user makes only affects his/her own extension. Check the box/es corresponding to data option/s that need to be backed up. Otherwise, uncheck the option/s if a backup is unnecessary.
Viewing Backup Logs
Archive tasks run on an hourly basis. Each task is logged and both Administrators and Users can view this log by going to the Logs tab.
- Click Logs.
- Choose a search criterion, then click GO.
Note: Logs over the Last 7 days are displayed by default. Specify a time period instead to narrow down the results or to find logs for a specific date or period.
- A historical view of all backups done based on the selected search criterion appears.
Note: Click SHOW LESS to view only the job logs with data archived. Click SHOW MORE to switch back to the default view.
Office@Hand Archiver Frequently Asked Questions
- How can I get the Office@Hand Archiver?
The Office@Hand Archiver is available for all Standard, Premium, and Enterprise customers.
Note: Check Accessing the Office@Hand Archiver on the Online account to learn how you can access the Archiver.
- What are the system requirements?
The Archiver is a browser-based application and supports the following browsers:• Internet Explorer 11+ (Windows 7+)• Firefox 46+ (Windows, Mac) • Chrome 50 + (Windows, Mac) • Safari 9.1+ (Mac) What are the limitations in storing my messages & recordings in the Office@Hand Cloud?Office@Hand’s current data retention policy will retain customers’ data:
OFFICE@HAND DATA LIMITS DURATION COUNT/SIZE Automatic Call Recordings 90 days 100K recordings/account On Demand Call Recordings 90 days 200 recordings/mailbox/user Fax/Voicemail 30 days 200 messages/folder Text Messages No limit 5k messages/folder
- Is there any size limit that I can archive data in Dropbox?This depends on your Dropbox plan.We currently have Dropbox integration with our FaxOut. Is this going to change how FaxOut works? No. These are two separate integrations that can co-exist.
Keywords: 9553, saving call logs, saving voicemail, saving text messages, saving fax, Dropbox, SFTP, Google Drive, backup, call recordings
Was this page helpful?