Office@Hand Paging Overview
Getting to know Paging
The Paging feature enables business’s real-time one-way broadcasting through multiple desk phones and overhead paging devices. It is commonly required function in many industries, such as warehouse, hospital, retail, etc.
Note: This feature is available to all Office@Hand Office Editions at no extra cost. Additional phone device purchase is available.
- Enables real-time announcements to a combination of desk phones and overhead paging devices
- One-to-many communications
- Plug and Page. Connect to your SIP-based paging devices and start paging, without the need of complicate installation and configuration of analog-to-digital converters.
- Compatible with Office@Hand Polycom and Cisco phone models.
- Increase communication efficiency. Broadcast announcements and emergency alerts to the entire organization or selected peers.
- Eliminating the need to call individual employees with the same message.
- Easy creating/adding/modifying paging group over the cloud, anywhere, anytime.
- 100% SIP digital paging devices compatible. Save cost from installing additional converters for analog devices.
- Flexible options for grouping desk phone and/or paging devices based on your business needs.
- No additional cost by using existing IP desk phones.
Supported paging devices
- Polycom and Cisco desk phones
- CyberData V2 Ceiling speakers (for indoor) and V2 Paging amplifiers (for outdoor use)
This feature is available on your online account in the Groups section:
This feature is available on your Office@Hand Online Account and enables Administrators to do the following:
- Add a Paging Only Group
- Select the Devices to Receive Pages
- Select the Users allowed to page the Group
- Provision a Paging Device
IMPORTANT: Before going through the steps below, you need to log in to your Office@Hand account.
TIP: Open an image in a separate tab or zoom the page to make it bigger.
- Under Phone System, click Groups.
- On Paging Only tab, click the New Paging-Only button.
- Enter your Group Name and Extension Number then, click Save.
- Click Yes to continue to configure your paging group. You will be redirected to the Paging group’s details.
On the Info tab, you may edit the Group Name and Extension Number. You may also click the Delete Group button to delete the group. Click Save to save your changes.
On the Paging tab, you may configure the Devices to receive page and Users allowed to page this group.
Devices to receive page - On the list of paging capable devices, select the device you want to assign to the paging group. Click Save to save your settings.
Users allowed to page this group - Select users allowed to page this group from the list.
- Under Phone System, click Phones & Devices, then click Add Device.
- Provide a Paging Device Nickname, then click Next to proceed.
- Follow the instructions on the page.
- If your device is provisioned correctly, the Status on your Device Details will show Online.
Keywords: paging overview, 6123, paging, page, paging group
Was this page helpful?