Office@Hand Meetings Frequently Asked Questions
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- What is Office@Hand Meetings?
- Can I just share one window instead of the whole desktop?
- Can I call into a video meeting using a phone line?
- Can I start or join a video meeting from any country?
- Do I need to have a webcam to join Office@Hand Meetings?
- Do web browser settings allow you to run signed applications?
- Is there full-screen when screen-sharing?
- Which Office Editions allow you to host Office@Hand Meetings?
- How long can a meeting go for?
1. What is Office@Hand Meetings?
Office@Hand Meetings is a feature bundled on your AT&T Office@Hand by AT&T service. It features multi-point HD video meetings and screen sharing.
2. Can I just share one window instead of the whole desktop?
Office@Hand Meetings allow you to share your desktop or a specific browser or application window. Office@Hand Meetings will list all the active windows. You can choose to see minimized windows by clicking on “Show all windows.”
3. Can I call into a video meeting using a phone line?
Office@Hand Meetings currently supports real-time video and VoIP for communications with invitation and join via email, Instant Messaging (IM) or video call ID. We will look into alternative communications method in the near term, such as integrated Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN).
Note: You can join via audio mode (VoIP) only by stopping video at anytime, from any device (smartphones with the Office@Hand Meetings app)
You can also mute all audio and use a separate PSTN conference bridge for all attendees, while using video and screen sharing.
4. Can I start or join a video meeting from any countries?
Yes, you can start or join a video meeting from any country. If you encounter country specific issues, please let us know.
Note: Office@Hand Meetings is only available in English.
5. Do I need to have a webcam to join Office@Hand Meetings?
You are not required to have a webcam to join an Office@Hand Meetings group video call. You will not be able to transmit your video but you will continue to be able to listen to video calling and view any screen sharing.
6. Do web browser settings allow you to run signed applications?
If you encounter an error when attempting to launch Office@Hand Meetings, your web browser settings must have been configured by your company IT to not run signed applications. Contact your company IT or administrator to have this enabled.
7. Is there full-screen when screen-sharing?
Yes. There are two (2) display modes – video layout and screen sharing layout.
• In the Video Layout, it is optimized for video viewing and desktop viewing. To go full-screen, double-click on the screen.
• In the Screen Sharing Layout, it is automatically switched to full-screen to optimize the document or presentation view. To exit full-screen, double-click the screen or hit Esc.
8. Which Office Editions allow you to host Office@Hand Meetings?
Office@Hand Meetings works with all Editions. However, the number of maximum participants will vary depending on your subscription.
|| Maximum Number of Participants
9. How long can a meeting go for?
A meeting bridge can be used for 24 hours. The meeting will be dropped and then participants and hosts have to dial into the meeting again.
Note: Some VoIP, PSTN, and Mobile carriers dialing in to the bridge may have shorter call length limits that could terminate your connection. You may need to check with your provider about your calling restrictions.
Keywords: Office@Hand Meetings, video meeting, Frequently Asked Questions, faqs, Free Conference Calling Feature
Was this page helpful?