Hot Desking – Overview | AT&T Office@Hand
The AT&T Office@Hand Hot Desking feature allows your users to share a common phone. Hot Desking allows Users to log in to a shared Office@Hand desk phone remotely—and use it like their own—with access to their personal extension, saved settings, voicemail, and more.
Hot Desking Overview
- Employees travel from different offices can share the same common phone and desk while keeping their own extension profiles and voicemail access
- Enable companies to save cost by allowing employees to login shared phones and still remain productive
- Reduce investment in facilities and hardware
- Hot Desking only works for extensions with digital lines
* If a user tried to log in his extension (without DL,) they will hear a message “The extension you entered is invalid.”
- Hot Desking is available by default for Premium and Enterprise edition customers.
- The Common phone will not support any inbound and outbound calling without a guest user logged (except for Emergency calling).
- A special digital line (DL) with DID and Phone device.
Hot Desking Resources
AT&T Office@Hand: Hot Desking – Add a Common Phone
AT&T Office@Hand: Hot Desking – Log in or Log out of a Common Phone
AT&T Office@Hand: Hot Desking – Set up a Session Timeout
Hot Desking Frequently Asked Questions
- Which types of AT&T Office@Hand accounts include Hot Desking?
Hot desking is available at no additional charge to all Office@Hand Office Premium and Enterprise customers in the US and Canada.
- Do I pay more for a phone enabled with Hot Desking?
No. The price is the same.
- Which AT&T Office@Hand phones support Hot Desking?
Office@Hand currently supports hot desking on the following Polycom models:
- Polycom VVX 311
- Polycom VVX 411
- Polycom VVX 411 with one expansion module
- Polycom VVX 501
- Polycom VVX 501 with one expansion module
- Polycom VVX 601
- Polycom VVX 601 with one expansion module
- Yealink T42S Gigabit Business Phone
- Yealink T46S Gigabit Color Business Phone
- Yealink T46S Gigabit Color Business Phone with one expansion module
- Yealink T46S Gigabit Color Business Phone with two expansion module
- Support for additional models will be announced as it becomes available.
- Can I use an existing AT&T Office@Hand phone as a shared phone with Hot Desking?
Yes. If you have an unassigned phone that supports Hot Desking, an admin can convert it to a Common phone from their online account.
- How do I make and receive calls from a shared Hot Desking phone?
Press the Login soft key or *90 and enter your extension and PIN. The phone will adopt your extension settings and be ready to use.
- Can the previous user be logged out of a shared phone if they forgot to do it themselves?
Shared phones have a default session timeout of 12 hours. An Administrator can also log out a specific shared phone anytime from their online account.
Key Words: 8930, Office@Hand hotdesking overview, hotdesking features, common area, common phone, ATT, AT&T
Was this page helpful?