Manage user device settings with AT&T Collaborate
As an administrator for the AT&T Collaborate SM service, you can assign IP (Internet Protocol) phones, analog adapters, or the Collaborate app to users. Analog adapters are devices that connect a traditional phone or fax machine to the Collaborate service.
IP phones have line appearances, which are phone numbers assigned to line keys (or buttons) that work with Collaborate. The first line key is always the user’s phone number. The user’s phone number or extension can appear on:
- The user’s primary device
- The user’s secondary devices
- Another user’s device, as a secondary line appearance
To customize a user’s device, manage the user’s line appearance and device settings. You can also manage user settings that apply to all appearances of the user’s phone number. For information about viewing and managing devices for users, see View and manage user devices.
- On the Collaborate homepage, on the left menu, expand Users, and then click Manage users.
- Search for or select the user whose device you want to manage. The manage page for the user appears.
- Click Assign devices and apps. The Manage equipment page appears.
- For each device setting you want to manage, follow the steps in the procedures below.
The settings described in this procedure apply to all appearances of a user’s phone number on any device, including another user’s secondary device. The Collaborate app can be a primary or secondary device.
- Follow the steps in Get started.
- On the Manage equipment page, click Update settings. The Settings page appears.
- To alert all devices when connecting a click-to-dial call, check Alert all appearances of click-to-dial calls. (If you don’t check this box, only the user’s primary device receives the alert. The user’s secondary devices and line appearances on other users’ devices won’t receive the alert.)
- To alert all line appearances when connecting an intercom group call (or paging announcement), check Alert all appearances for intercom group calls.
- To allow a user to transfer an active call between the user’s assigned devices, check Allow Call Retrieve from another site.
- To allow the user to join an active call from more than 1 line appearance, check Allow bridging between sites. (If bridging is not turned on, only the line appearance that answers the call can talk with the caller.)
- To send an alert to all devices when a call is parked at the user’s extension, check Turn on call park notification. (If this box is not checked, only the primary device receives this notification.)
- To send an alert when someone interrupts a call (joins the bridge from another line appearance of this number), select a Bridge warning tone option other than None. This setting applies only if Allow bridging between sites is also selected.
- To reset the Standard Internet Protocol (SIP) password and protect a line appearance from unauthorized system access, click Reset SIP password. Important: Only reset the SIP password when directed to by an AT&T representative.
Note: Make sure you restart your device after you reset the SIP password.
- When you’re finished, click Save.