Manage Registered Locations with AT&T Collaborate
When you call 911 in the event of an emergency, the 911 dispatcher must know exactly where help is needed. When you create users in the AT&T Collaborate SM service, their 911 address is determined by the address you provide for their devices (Registered Location). Any time the device is moved to a new address, such as to a home office or another business location, it’s crucial that you change the 911 Registered Location in Collaborate.
You may be required by the state or local 911 Authority to provide Private Switch─Automatic Location Identification (PS-ALI) data. PS-ALI data is more detailed location data. If your state or local 911 Authority requires PS-ALI data, contact your legal or regulatory team for assistance.
AT&T can support a user’s device relocation only when all the conditions in this document are met. The device must remain in an area of the continental United States from which AT&T can provide 911 connectivity.
IMPORTANT: It’s your responsibility to make sure that the 911 Registered Location of each phone number associated with the AT&T Collaborate service is always accurate. Therefore, if a phone is moved, the Registered Location for that phone must be changed according to the procedure provided to you by AT&T.
Change a device’s Registered Location at the site level
- On the Collaborate homepage, click Select a site or Switch sites, search for and select the site you want to manage.
- On the left menu, expand Users, and then click Manage users. The Manage users page appears.
- Search for or select the user you want to manage, and then click Assign devices and apps. The Manage equipment page appears.
- Click Manage registered locations. The Registered locations page appears.
- Next to the device you want to register, click Edit device address. The edit page for that device appears.
- You can update the following device address information:
- Building number and suffix
- Street prefix, name, and suffix
- Direction suffix
- City, state, ZIP Code
- When you’re finished, click Verify address.
- In the success message that appears, click OK.
Change a device’s Registered Location at the company level
- On the Collaborate homepage, expand Users, and then click Manage users.
- Search for and select the user you want to manage. The manage page for that user appears.
- Click Assign devices and apps. The Manage equipment page appears.
- Follow steps 4-8 in the Change a device’s Registered Location at the site level section.