Manage the Receptionist Web Console with AT&T Collaborate
Front-office receptionists in your organization can use the Receptionist Web Console with the AT&T Collaborate SM service to handle incoming calls and transfer incoming calls to monitored users.
In Collaborate, as an administrator, you assign a user as a receptionist (giving the user permission to access the Receptionist Web Console) and create a list of users for the receptionist to monitor (referred to as contacts in the console). Then the receptionist can transfer calls that ring into the organization’s Receptionist Web Console phone number and monitor up to 200 contacts.
To avoid the initial Receptionist sign in reminder to change Collaborate password, reset the user’s password for Collaborate apps before they access the Receptionist Web Console.
Note: If they’re currently using a Collaborate app, such as the mobile, tablet, or desktop app, your user will have to reset their own password. For information about resetting Collaborate passwords, see Reset password and PIN.
Note: The receptionist’s phone number is the phone number that rings in to the Receptionist Web Console, so make sure that you assign a number that callers often use to reach your company. To use the Receptionist Web Console, the receptionist also needs access to AT&T Business Center. To set up a user, including selecting a phone number and providing Business Center access, see Create users.
View a user’s Receptionist Web Console access
- On the Collaborate homepage, click Select a site or click Switch sites, and then search for or select a site to manage.
- On the left menu, expand Users, and then click Manage users. The Manage users page appears.
- Search for or select the user you want. The manage page for the user appears.
- To make sure that Receptionist Web Console is available to assign, click the Bundles tab:
- If À la carte features has a green checkmark next to it, you’re done.
- Otherwise, click the Edit icon. The Edit the bundles assigned to this user window opens.
- Next to À la carte features, under Status, click Off. The status changes to On.
- Click Save.
- Assign the Receptionist Web Console to the user.
– On the manage page for the user, click Adjust settings. The Manage settings page appears.
– Click À la carte features.
– If Receptionist Web Console is unavailable, click Edit features.
– In the Receptionist Web Console section, check the box, and then click Apply. The Edit icon appears in the Receptionist Web Console section.
Add users to monitor
- Continuing from the previous procedure, on the User settings page, in the Receptionist Web Console section, click the Edit icon. The Receptionist Web Console page appears.
- Click Assign. The Assign users window opens.
- Select the users you want to monitor, and then click Save.
- When you’re finished, click Save.