Initial set up without text link of Enhanced Push-to-Talk for Android devices
Note: Setup may only be completed after your phone number has been activated with the feature.
- From the home screen, tap Play Store.
Note: For first-time users, a Play Store notification, and the Google Play Terms of Service may be displayed. Tap Continue, and then Accept.
- Tap the magnifying glass in the upper right corner to activate the keypad.
- Type “push to talk att” and tap the matching dropdown.
- Tap AT&T Enhanced PTT to open the app’s description page.
- Tap Install.
- Tap Accept and download.
- Tap the back arrow and allow the app to finish installing.
- Tap Open.
Note: The new application may also be accessed through the Apps menu, or through an automatically installed shortcut on the home screen.
- Scroll through and read the End User Licensing Agreement, and then tap Accept.
- Tap Yes to confirm activation.
- Once activation completes, you are automatically placed in Available status as indicated by a green “P” on the phone’s notification bar.
- Tap View Tutorial.
Note: This step may also be completed later by tapping Skip tutorial. The tutorial may be viewed anytime by tapping/clicking the phone’s Menu key, and then tapping Settings.
- Enhanced PTT Client Tutorial launches in a new browser window.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- After completing the tutorial tap/press the Back button on the phone to return to the app.
- AT&T Enhanced Push-to-Talk is now active and ready for use.