Edit the shared contact’s details using the pdvConnect web interface
- Click Account Setup, and then Shared Contacts.
- Click on the edit icon next to the contact you wish to edit.
Note: The default settings work fine for most applications. Only make changes if you are using Location, Forms or Status Map and Locate/Communicate.
You can edit the following user “Shared Contact Details”:
• Attach Audio File to Message—Allows your contact to play the audio from a file attached to the message. Leave the box unchecked, to allow your contact to stream the audio from the server.
• Send Body of Message as Text Only—Sends the body of the message as text for non-HTML-based messages.
• Listened-to Notification—Sends a message received notification to the user’s phone.
• Attach real-time Location—Sends an interactive map, GPS coordinates, time stamp and approximate address to the contact.
• Copy Sender—Sends a copy of the message to the individual who sent it for verification and archiving purposes.
• Priority Message—Messages will display with a priority symbol (exclamation mark). If the location is enabled, messages will display with a blinking icon.
• Message Displayed in Dispatch—Messages will display in the Dispatch View. If you have routine messages that you do not need to see on a daily basis, uncheck the box.
• Sync Message with Android App—Messages will automatically sync with the Android App. If you have text messaging contacts that you do not want to display, uncheck the box.
• In Status Group—If location is enabled, add this contact to the Status Map.
• Map ICON Color—If location is enabled, select the color of the pin on the map to represent this contact.
• Allow Contact to Listen and Reply To Message—is the default setting and allows the contact to reply to the user’s voice message with a text message back to their phone.
• Allow Contact to Listen Only—does not allow transcription or replies.
• Standard Forms—attaches a specialized form to the message and imports into your Outlook Calendar or Outlook Contacts.
• Outlook Calendar—leave a reminder for a specific date.
• Outlook Contacts—send a message regarding a contact’s details.
• Do Not Send—the default setting does not send a text message to the users’ phones with a reminder to add the contact. De-select to send a text message with the contact name and number to the mobile number in the profile.
• Send SMS to My Phone—sends a text message that was sent to the users’ phones to remind them to add the contact.
• Send vCard to My Profile E-mail—for smartphones, sends a vCard to the e-mail address in your profile.
- Make the appropriate changes, and then click Save.