Phone Numbers Set another User’s direct number Admin | AT&T
A Direct Number is a phone number that can be called without going through the Auto Receptionist. Account administrators may add, change, or delete an extension’s Direct Number, which can be done from the Phones & Numbers section of the Office@Hand Online account. This article demonstrates the steps an Administrator should follow to customize a User’s Direct Number.
Phone Numbers – Set another User’s direct number Admin | AT&T Office@Hand
- Log in as an Administrator to your Office@Hand Online account.
- Go to Users > User List.
- Select the User you want to configure then go to Phones & Numbers > Numbers. Click Edit on the right of the number you want to configure.
- On the Direct Number screen, you may configure the following:
- Number Type – The number type controls what activity the phone number can receive.
Selecting “Voice and Fax” enables the phone number to accept both phone calls and faxes. Selecting “Voice only” enables the phone number to receive phone calls only. Selecting
“Fax only” enables the phone number to receive faxes only.
- Calls to this number will be connected to – Configure where if the calls to this number will connect to the Auto-Receptionist or an Extension.
Note: Selecting Auto-Receptionist will transfer the number to your Company Numbers and selecting a different extension will transfer the number to that extension’s direct number/s.
- Delete number – Click this button to initiate the number deletion process.
- Click Save to save your changes.
Call Handling and Forwarding Set up the Call Handling & Forwarding settings of a User | AT&T Office@Hand
Call Handling Set up Company Call Handling and Operator Extension | Admin | AT&T Office@Hand
Keywords: extension, direct numbers, settings, number settings, extension number, 2571, change number type, delete a direct number, add a direct number, set where calls to the Direct Number will be route
Was this page helpful?