Creating location schedules using the pdvConnect web interface
Note: You can create a schedule for each different group. For example: Morning Shift Driver Schedule and Evening Shift Driver Schedule. Additionally, there are a few things to remember before setting up the location schedule:
• All mobile users you are tracking must be pdvConnect Pro subscribers.
• Location schedules will expire after 90 days, and you will be prompted with an icon prior to their expiration. When you see the Schedule Expiring Soon icon, you can easily renew the schedule from the Manage Location Schedule page.
• Lastly, always remember to follow your company’s policies regarding privacy.
- Click Account Setup, and then click Users.
- Click Manage Location Schedule.
- Click New Schedule.
- Fill in the following fields, and then click Save.
• Schedule Name: You can use something like Morning Shift or Evening Shift.
• Week Days To Run: Days of the week your mobile workers are working.
• Start Time: Enter the user’s start time.
• Duration: The length in hours of the worker’s day.
• Frequency: Enter the frequency of location pings, will determine how often their location is reported. The default of 10 minutes works best for most applications.
• Start and End Date: Enter the scheduled start and end dates. Keep in mind the maximum length of a location schedule is 90 days.
• Enabled: Check the Enable box to turn location scheduling.