Creating custom maps using the TeleNav Track web interface
Note: If your operations require locating devices with greater precision than the standard maps provided by TeleNav Track, you can create and manage custom maps.
- Click Setup.
- Under “Locations”, click Manage Maps.
- Click Custom Maps, and then click New Custom Map.
Note: Items with an asterisk are required fields.
- Enter the map name in the box to the right of “Name”.
- Enter the latitude and longitude coordinates, respectively, for the top right coordinate of the map in the two boxes to the right of “Top right corner Lat/Lon”.
- Enter the latitude and longitude coordinates, respectively, for the bottom left coordinate of the map in the two boxes to the right of “Bottom left corner Lat/Lon”.
- Enter the map image’s URL in the box to the right of “Map Image URL”.
- Optional: Using the two dropdown arrows to the right of “Zoom Level”, enter the “from” and “to” zoom levels for the map, where 2 is the street level and 14 is the country level.
- Optional: Using the dropdown arrow in the box to the right of “Drawing Order”, select the order from 1 to 10.
Note: Indicate the display order of customized maps, if more than one map at the same zoom level is overlapping. Specify drawing order number from 1 to 10, where 1 is the top layer and 10 is the bottom layer. If a small map has a higher drawing order than a larger map (for example, small is 10 and large is 1), the small map will not be viewable.
- Optional: Using the dropdown arrow in the box to the right of “Enabled”, select Yes to use the map in TeleNav Track or No to store the map in the system but not use it.
- Click Save Map.