Creating a polygon geofence using the TeleNav Track web interface
Note: A geofence is a zone that you can define to mark boundaries of work sites or customer sites. Geofences can be created in various shapes including circles or polygons.
- Click Setup.
- Under “Locations”, click Geofences & Routes.
- Click New Geofence.
- Enter the geofence name in the box to the right of “Name”.
Note: Items with an asterisk are a required field.
- Optional: Type the geofence description in the box to the right of “Description”.
Note: You can define a geofence with a circle entering the radius and center or by drawing a polygon geofence on the map.
- Click the radio button to the left of “Draw a polygon geofence on the map”.
- Zoom in on the map by double-clicking the desired area on the map (this may take several attempts to get into the street level). Or, you can also zoom in using the slide bar on the left by clicking the “+” or “-“ signs.
- To draw a polygon, select the draw polygon icon then start by clicking on a starting point. Continue clicking until you have the desired shape.
- Click Save Geofence.