Creating a group distribution list for SMTP messages using AT&T Business Messaging
Note: This example uses Microsoft Outlook 2010. Your experience may differ if you are using a different version of Outlook, or a different email client.
- From the “Contacts” screen, click New Contact Group.
- Click in the “Name” field and type desired group name.
- Click Add Members, and then click New E-mail Contact.
- Type desired display name of first contact.
- Type desired E-mail address of first contact in the format “email@example.com”.
- Click the “Internet Format” dropdown, and then select the appropriate option for your company. “Let Outlook decide the best sending format” is the default selection. “Send Plain Text only” is the other Business Messaging compatible option.
- Ensure the “Add to Contacts” option is checked, and then click OK.
- Repeat steps 3-6 until group is complete, and then click Save & Close.
- Your distribution list is ready for use.