Create and add users to a new category using the pdvConnect web interface
Note: Grouping large numbers of users by cost center, location, route or other criteria allows you to view and manage users effectively. It is an especially good idea if you are using the Locate and Communicate Function and managing location schedules.
- Click Account Setup, and then Categories.
- In the box below “New Category Name”, enter the name of the new category.
- Click Create a New Category.
- From the “Categories”, select the new category created to add users.
- Select the users to add to the category using one of the following methods:
• 1. Type the user’s last name or phone number in the box to the left of the radio buttons for “Phone” and “Last Name”.
• 2. Select the appropriate radio button for either “Phone” or “Last Name” and click Search.
• Or, in the “Users currently assigned to source category:” window, highlight the users to move to the “Destination:” category.
Note: Use the Shift Key or Ctrl Key on your keyboard to select multiple users simultaneously.
- Click Add to move the user(s) from the “Source:” category to the “Destination:” category.
- If you need to move a user back to the “Source:” category, select the user in the “Destination:” window and click Remove.
Note: Use the “Phone” or “Last Name” radio buttons above the “Source:” category window to sort the users.