Create a new Geofence using the pdvConnect web interface
- Click Account Setup, and then click Users.
- Click Manage Geofences.
- Click Create a New Geofence.
- In the text boxes fill out the following:
• Geofence Name- Label used to easily recognize the Geofence such as a customer name.
• Address- Physical address of the point of interest including street number, street name, city, state and 5-digit zip code with no apartment, or suite numbers (example: 123 Main Street, Anytown, US 12345).
• Customer #- Label for additional identification of the Geofence (example ABC-14387).
• GPS Radius- Select the size (100-3000m) of the Geofence around the point of interest. You can adjust this later from a map view.
• Optional Send Alerts to Emails- Add one or two email addresses separated by semicolons for individuals who should receive a message when the user enters and or exits the Geofence.
• Send Alerts to Phone- Add a mobile phone number of an individual who should receive a text message when the user enters or exits the Geofence.
• Alert on Enter or Exit- Send an alert when the user goes into or exits the Geofence.
• Enabled- Sets the Geofence status to On.
- Click Submit.
Note: Once a Geofence has been created, you will need to assign users to the Geofence in order to receive alerts.