As an agent, you can use the Contact Center Agent Web Client to accept and manage calls for your assigned contact centers. In a contact center, you can:
- Change your status/availability
- Answer and manage calls from the queue
- Create and manage conference calls
- Escalate or make emergency calls to supervisors
- View call statistics, such as average call length, wait time, availability, and call performance
Your administrator can set up the contact center so that you’re always shown as available, and then you don’t need to set your status manually.
Status and availability
You can appear as:
- Available ()—You can receive calls.
- Unavailable ()—You can’t receive calls.
- Wrap-Up ()—You’re wrapping up an active call and are temporarily unavailable to receive calls. After the wrap-up timer expires, Wrap-Up changes to Available. Your administrator sets the timer. Or, you can select Wrap-Up, Available, or Unavailable.
Note: If your administrator sets up your account so that you’re always signed in, you can’t change your status.
Change your status and set your unavailable code
- On the contact center homepage, in the top right corner, next to the Agent icon, click the down arrow, and then select your new status from the list. If your administrator assigned you unavailable codes and you select Unavailable, a status code list appears. Examples include lunch, break, or restroom.
- Select the code that best describes the reason you’re unavailable.
- When you become available again, select Available.
Note: Your status is visible to your supervisor and will be included in any agent reports.
Calls and contacts
In the contact center, the Call Console lets you place, view, and manage calls. For example, you can put a call on hold and consult with a colleague.
The Contacts section includes contact directories, search panel, and directories panel. You can make calls to contacts and manage your contact directories.
- At the top of the Contacts section, click the Options icon ().
- Select View, select Directories, and then select the directories you want to appear in the Contacts section.
- To view directory contents, expand or collapse each directory.
From the Call Console, you can answer calls from the queue that are directed to you. Sometimes, to help the caller, you might need to consult a colleague. Use the Call Console or simply call from your phone. When you’re on an active call, if you make another call from the Call Console, your active call is placed on hold.
- To make a call, under Call Console, enter a phone number, and then click the Dial icon
- To call a contact, under Contacts, click a contact, and then click Call.
- To redial a phone number, under Call Console, click Redial, and then select a number from the list. The last 10 called numbers appear.
- To call a number from your call history:
– Under Call Console, click the Call History icon ().
– Do 1 of these things:
- To view your missed calls, click Missed Calls.
- To view your received calls, click Received Calls.
- To view your outgoing calls, click Dialed Calls.
- To make a call using the search feature, select a directory from the list. Enter at least 2 characters (numbers or letters). To limit the search, check the Begins with box. Press Enter on your keyboard. Click the contact from the list, and then click Call.
- At the top of the Contacts section, click the Options icon ().
- From the menu that appears, select View, and then click Directories.
- Check or uncheck the boxes for the directories that you want to show or hide.
- To view a directory’s contents, in the Directory section, click the Expand icon ().
- To display a directory under Contacts, select the directory from the list. Or, to display all directories, select All.
Search for contacts
Note: Search is not case-sensitive, but you need to enter at least 2 characters.
- Under Contacts, expand the Search section and select the directories to search.
- To search for contacts that start with specific letters or numbers, check the Begins with box.
- In the Search box, enter your search criteria, and then press ENTER on your keyboard. Results appear under Search.
- To clear the search results, click the Close icon ().
Manage your speed dial list and personal directory
Note: You’ll see a speed dial list only if your administrator added this feature.
- Under Contacts, expand Speed Dial or Personal, and then click the Edit icon (). The Edit Speed Dials or Edit Personal Contacts window appears.
- Click Add. An empty row appears.
- Do 1 of these things:
- To add a speed dial entry, select a dial code, and then enter the number and a contact description.
- To add a personal contact, enter a name and phone number.
- To delete an entry, select the entry, and then click Delete.
- To change a speed dial entry, double-click the entry, and then change the information. You can’t change information for a personal contact.
Answer and transfer calls and make conference calls
The primary purpose of the Contact Center Agent Web Client is to allow you to answer calls directed to you by the contact center queue. To answer a call, hover over the incoming call, and then click Ans.
You can transfer a call to any extension within your organization or to any external 10-digit phone number. Use 1 of these methods:
- Unattended transfer—Transfers your call to the person and drops you from the call.
- Attended transfer—Enables you to speak with the person you’re transferring the call to before you transfer the call. If there’s no answer or the person doesn’t want to take the call, you can cancel the transfer and talk with the caller.
Make an unattended transfer
You can perform unattended transfers on calls that are active, on hold, or incoming (ringing).
Do 1 of these things:
- Click a contact in a directory, and then click TXR.
- Drag the call from the Call Console to a contact in an open directory.
Make an attended transfer
You can transfer a call with consultation (attended) when the call is active, on hold, or incoming (ringing).
- Enter the number or contact where you want to transfer the call.
- When the call is answered, speak to the second person.
- Under Call Console, click the first call.
- Hover over the new call, and then click TXR.
Transfer a call to a queue
- Under Call Console, select the call you want to transfer.
- Under Contacts, expand Queues, select a queue, and then click TXR.
Start a conference call
- To start a 3-way conference, under Call Console, select 1 of the 2 calls you want to use to create a conference.
- Hover over the second call, and then click Conf. The calls appear under Conference Call.
- To add more participants to the conference, under Call Console, hover over a call, and then click Conf.
Manage a conference
During a conference call, you have these options:
- To put a conference call on hold, under Conference Call, click Hold. To resume the conference, click Ans.
- To leave a conference, under Conference Call, click Leave.
- To drop a call from a conference, under Conference Call, select the call, and then click the red End icon ().
- To put a conference participant on hold, under Conference Call, hover over the call that you want to put on hold, and then click Hold. To add this participant back to the call, click Ans.
- To end a conference, under Conference Call, click the black End icon (). All calls are released from the conference.
Send calls to supervisors
You can escalate and make emergency calls to supervisors. A supervisor’s call status shows if they’re available to take calls.
Supervisor call status indicators
|Supervisor call status||Icon|
|Do Not Disturb|
Supervisor call status icons
You can monitor your supervisors’ status to see who’s available for an escalation.
- Under Contacts, expand the Supervisors section, and then click the Edit icon ().
- Check the box next to supervisors you want to monitor.
- Click Save. The call statuses for the supervisors you selected appears.
Make an emergency call to a supervisor
- During a call, under Contacts, expand the Supervisors section, and then click the Emergency icon (). A supervisor is automatically selected. Or, click an available supervisor, and then click EMER.
Escalate calls to supervisors
- During a call, under Contacts, expand the Supervisors section. Click the Escalate icon
(). A supervisor is automatically selected. Or, click an available supervisor, and then click ESC. The new call appears in the Call Console.
- In the Call Console, select the original call.
- Do 1 of these things:
- When the call is answered, consult with the supervisor, hover over the new call, and then click TXR.
- Without waiting for the supervisor to answer, hover over the call to the supervisor, and then click TXR.
Monitor contact centers
For each contact center you’re assigned, you can view current call statistics under Dashboard. Below each contact center name, you can see the following:
- Current Calls in Queue—Number of queued calls compared to the maximum capacity for that contact center. For example, 6/10 means there are 6 calls in the queue and the queue’s maximum is 10 calls.
- Longest Waiting Call—Waiting time of the call that’s been in the queue the longest.
- EWT (Expected Waiting Time)—Estimated time a caller has to wait in the queue before the call is answered.
- AHT (Average Handle Time)—Average time it takes to process a call in the queue.
- ASA (Average Speed of Answer)—Average time a caller spends in the queue before the call is offered to an agent.
- Staffed—Number of agents with Sign-In, Available, Unavailable, or Wrap-Up status, compared to the total number of agents assigned to the contact center.
Select contact centers to monitor
You can monitor only contact centers that your administrator has assigned to you.
- At the top of the Dashboard section, click the Options icon (), and then click Select Queues. The Select Queues box appears.
- Check the contact centers that you want to monitor, and then click Save.
Select information to display
Customize the statistics shown in the Dashboard section.
- At the top of the Dashboard section, click the Options icon (), and then click Select Visible Fields. The Select Visible Fields box appears.
- Check the fields that you want to monitor, and then click Save.
Sort contact centers
By default, contact centers are arranged by name. You can change the sort order. For example, you can sort by ascending or descending number of calls in the queue.
- At the top of the Dashboard section, click the Options icon (), and then click Sort By. The Ascending and Descending menus appear.
- Select Ascending or Descending, and then check a sort option.
- Click Save.