Call Queue – Overflow Call Queues Overview | AT&T Office@Hand
This article provides information on how to enable and configure a call queue group’s queue overflow settings. Calls to a Call Queue with overflow are handled as an extended single Call Queue. When enabled, all calls are offered first to any available agent in the primary call queue. When all members of the primary queue are in an active call, incoming calls to the primary queue will spill-over to the overflow queue.
Overflow Call Queues Overview
This feature enables Call Queue Managers and Administrators to re-use existing call queue groups for extending a call queue while preserving policies of the primary call queue group such as:
- Call Handling Timers
- After hours setting
Note: When all members of primary and overflow queue are unavailable, the call will be handled as per policy in call handling of the primary queue. The members in overflow queue will always be called on Rotation sequence.
IMPORTANT: You can only enable Overflow Call Queue if your primary Call Queue is set up with Rotational or Fixed Call Handling policy. To set up a Call Queue group’s Call Handling settings, go to Call Queue – Set Up Call Handling for Business Hours and After Hours | AT&T Office@Hand.
- Log in to your AT&T Office@Hand account as an Administrator.
Note: You can also log in as the Call Queue Manager.
- Go to Phone System > Groups > Call Queues, select the Call Queue that you want to set up.
- Click Overflow Call Queues.
- Toggle the switch to enable Send Calls to Overflow Queue. When the toggle is Blue, it means it is Enabled. When the toggle is Gray, it means it is Disabled. Select the queue that you wish to add to the Overflow queue. Use the arrows in the box to move the highlighted information from left to right.
Note: You can select up to 3 queues maximum.
Note: You can change the Priority by clicking on the arrows to change the Order. Click Save.
IMPORTANT: The Primary Call Queue trying to enable queue overflow should not have Simultaneous Ringing selected in its Call Handling settings. If Simultaneous Ringing is turned on, you will get a pop-up notification to change your call handling preference to Rotation or Fixed in order to enable the overflow queue.
- Click Save. The page will return to the Call Queue info section.
Call Queue – Set Up Call Queue Group | AT&T Office@Hand
Call Queue – Edit Call Queue group’s Information | AT&T Office @Hand
Call Queue – Add Members to an Existing Call Queue group | AT&T Office @Hand
Call Queue – Remove Members from a Call Queue group | AT&T Office@Hand
Key Words: call queue, overflow, overflow call queue, enable overflow call queue, disable overflow call queue
Was this page helpful?