Call Forward for Unreachable Phone
How do I forward calls for unreachable phone in case of an Internet Outage?
Call Forward for an unreachable phone is made possible in the event of an Internet Outage. When triggered, the call will be handled by the forwarded extension’s Call Handling & Message rules like Voicemail. Once the Internet is restored, the incoming calls will automatically resume to ring the User endpoint phone as usual.
- Call Forward for Unreachable Phone is ONLY available for the following:
- Individual User Extensions that have deskphones and/or Office@Hand Desktop App with a Digital Line
- Virtual Extensions with Call Forwarding to deskphones and/or Office@Hand Desktop App with a Digital Line
- Shared Line Group
- A User should have the Office@Hand Mobile and Desktop App notifications in Call handling disabled or turned OFF.
- A User/Extension should have at least one (1) deskphone or a Digital Line in Call Handling.
- A User should NOT have PSTN destination in Call forwarding.
- If a User has multiple deskphones and Office@Hand Digital Lines, all of them MUST be unreachable to trigger this Call Forwarding feature.
If a Virtual Extension has forwarded to other User Digital Lines, then Call Forwarding can be triggered ONLY if all the forwarded endpoints are unreachable.
- Call Forwarding destinations can ONLY be the following:
- Other Extension in the account
- External PSTN Number
- Applicable for all operational rules (User/Business Hours, After Hours, Advanced Rules)
- This feature is OFF by default. Contact support to enable this feature.
- You need to be an Administrator to configure the steps below.
Configuring Call Forward for Unreachable Phone through your Online Account
- Click Call Handling & Forwarding.
- Click on the User Hours tab.
- Click on Edit under Call Forward for Unreachable Phone.
- Select a User.
- A pop-up appears, click the toggle button to the left of Call Redirection to enable it.
Note: When enabled, this allows calls to be forwarded when the User/Extension is unreachable.
Note: The Call Forward for unreachable phone feature is disabled by default. It will be turned OFF when Notify my Desktop App and Smartphone feature is enabled. If you also have call forwarding to any PSTN number, this option will not be usable.
- Click the radio button to the left of either Extension or Other Number.
i. Extension – If an Extension is selected, click on the radio-button of the User/Extension that you want the call to be forwarded to.
Note: You can also enter the name of the User/Extension in the “Search” field and filter with the “All Departments” drop down.
i. Extension – If Extension is selected, click on the radio button of the User/Extension that you want the call to be forwarded to.
- Click the Save button when done.
When specifications are NOT met, error messages may appear.
- When a PTSN number, the Office@Hand Mobile and Desktop App notifications in Call handling are enabled or turned ON.
Note: Make sure that the Desktop App & Smartphone App and any PSTN number is disbaled or turned OFF on the Forwarding Numbers list.
- When a User/Extension does NOT have deskphone or a Digital Line in Call Handling.
Note: Make sure that User/Extension have at least one (1) deskphone or a Digital Line added and enabled on the Forwarding Numbers list.
To learn more about other Call Forwarding options, see Office@Hand: Call Handling & Forwarding Overview.
Keywords: 9331, call forwarding, forward call, internet outage forwarding, configure forwarding
Was this page helpful?