Automatic Call Recording – Customize Announcement | Admin | AT&T Office@Hand
This article provides information on how to customize your automatic call recording announcement. Call Recording is a feature on your AT&T Office@Hand account which enables you to record incoming and outgoing calls on-demand or automatically. You can also playback the recordings, download the recorded call logs for sales and support training, compliance and etc. Tied to this feature is the Call Recording Announcement to notify your callers that the call is being recorded.
How to customize the Call Recording Announcement in Admin Automatic Call Recording
IMPORTANT: State and federal laws require that your callers hear a call recording notification before and after a call is recorded. Administrators need to ensure your company’s call recording procedures comply with federal and state laws; AT&T Office@Hand is not responsible for your company’s compliance.
- Log in as an Administrator to your AT&T Office@Hand online account.
- Go to Phone System > Auto-Receptionist > > General Settings > Call Recording.
- Enable Automatic Call Recording. Go to the next step if it is already enabled.
- Under Call Recording, click Edit.
Note: You may also enable the following settings:
- Play periodic tones for outbound calls – Enable to inject a short tone a short tone on the call to remind parties that the call is being recorded.
- Play Call Recording Announcement for Outbound Calls – Enable to play the call recording announcement to party answering the outbound call.
- Allow mute in auto call recording – Enable to mute sections of the call so that sensitive information is not captured. Press *9 to mute recording and *9 again to resume recording.
- You can customize your Automatic Call Recording Announcement in three ways. Click on links below to learn about recording methods:
Recording by Phone
This option will allow you to record your customized Recording Announcements over the phone.
- Select Phone. Enter your telephone number in the box provided, then click Call Now.
- It will try to reach the phone number you keyed in. Follow the given instructions to record your announcement.
Recording by Computer microphone
This option allows you to record your own Call Recording Announcement using your computer’s microphone.
- Speak into the microphone and adjust the volume using the slider button.
Click the Record button when the volume meter turns into green.
- After recording, you may:
Click the Play button to preview the announcement.
Click the Record button to re-record the announcement
Click the Upload button to upload the announcement.
- Click Done.
Record by Importing
This option allows you to upload a customized pre-recorded audio file stored on your computer/device.
Note: Office@Hand recommends using the .wav or .mp3 audio formats for better audio quality:
- CCITT u-Law (G711a), 8 kHz, 8-bit, mono
- PCM, 8 kHz, 16-bit, mono
- Click the drop-down box below Recording by, then select Importing. Click Browse.
- Locate the file that needs to be uploaded, then click Open.
Note: It may take a while to upload the file, depending on its size.
- You will be prompted after the successful upload. Click Done.
Note: You may also click the Play button to preview the announcement or click
the Record button to re-upload the announcement.
Call Recordings Settings via your online account | AT&T Office@Hand
Automatic Call Recording – Enable or Disable | AT&T Office@Hand
Automatic Call Recording – Check on online account | AT&T Office@Hand
On-Demand Call Recording – Check on online account | AT&T Office@Hand
Key Words: call recording, announcement, automatic call recording, call recording announcement, edit, edit announcement, 10919
Was this page helpful?