Office:Hand: Auto-Receptionist Overview
Auto-Receptionist or “Auto Attendant” enables calls to be answered automatically with the default or a personalized recording. Callers usually hear the following options when they dial your Company Number, depending on how your IVR Settings is set up:
Default Company Greeting: Thank you for calling “My Company”. If you know your party’s extension you may dial it at any time. For the Operator press 0 or stay on the line. For the Dial-By-Name directory press 9.
Note: The Auto-Receptionist section of the Office@Hand Online Account is only accessible to Account Administrators.
- Log in as an Administrator to your Office@Hand Online Account.
- On the Admin Portal, click the Phone System tab.
- Click Auto-Receptionist.
You can view the following tabs and drop-down box on the Auto-Receptionist section.
The General Settings tab lets you set up the following settings:
- Company Hours
- IVR Settings
- Dial-by-Name Directory
- Call Recording
- Regional Settings
- IVR Type
For more information on how to configure these topics, go to Auto-Receptionist General Settings.
This tab let’s you add an Interactive Voice Response Menu, that allows your Auto-Receptionist to interact with your callers through the use of DTMF tones input via keypad.
For steps in adding an IVR Menu, go to Office@Hand: Setting up the Multi-level IVR via Online Account
Lets you access the following:
- XML Editor – lets you create your IVR Menus in XML.
- Visual IVR Editor – lets you configure your Multi-Level IVR using an easy to use graphical interface.
For more information on these topics, click on the links below:
Visual IVR Editor: Office@Hand: Visual IVR Editor Guide
This tab lets you import or record prompts for your IVR Menu.
For more information, go to Office@Hand: Setting up the Multi-level IVR via Online Account.
IVR Mode dropdown
The IVR Mode drop-down let’s you switch between the 2 IVR Modes:
- Single-Level IVR – Calls to your company number are routed to Office@Hand’s built-in Auto-Receptionist. To set this up, go to Office@Hand: [ADMIN] Setting your Company Call Handling and Operator Extension.
- Multi-Level IVR – Calls to your company number are connected to a top-level IVR Menu which can be configured to connect to additional IVR Menus or other system extensions. To set up this feature, go to Office@Hand: Setting up the Multi-level IVR.
Auto-Receptionist General Settings
The following sections are available on the General Settings tab, so you can set up your Auto-Receptionist and IVR settings.
This section allows you to edit your Company Business Hours. By default, your Company Hours is set to 24 hours.
To configure your Company Hours, go to [ADMIN] Customizing the Company Hours of your Office@Hand account.
This section lets you define how to handle incoming calls during business hours, after hours or during holidays.
For handling incoming calls during business hours or after hours, you can either configure your Auto-Receptionist to play your Company Greetings or bypass the Company Greeting and route the calls directly to an extension in your account. If you choose to play your Company Greetings, you have the option to use Office@Hand’s default greeting or upload/record your own greeting. You also have the option to disconnect or connect the calls to the Operator if the caller enters no action after hearing your Company Greeting.
You can also create Custom Answering Rules for special routing during holidays, specific time of the day (e.g. lunch break) or for special callers.
Click on links below to learn more about how you can configure these settings.
- Company Greetings Office@Hand: Setting up your Company Greeting
- Company Call Handling Office@Hand: [ADMIN] Setting your Company Call Handling and Operator Extension
- Custom Answering Rules Office@Hand: Setting Up Custom Company Call Handling Rules
- Operator Extension Office@Hand: [ADMIN] Setting your Company Call Handling and Operator Extension
Company Call Handling
This section allows you to choose the action when your company receives incoming calls. Go to [ADMIN] Setting your Office@Hand Company Call Handling and Operator Extension to set up how your company calls are handled.
You can enable the Dial-by-Name Directory feature to let your callers find the extension they want by entering a first or last name using their dial pad keys. By default, all extensions are included in the dial-by-name directory. You can exclude certain extensions that you do not want to be searchable.
See [ADMIN] Editing Dial-by-Name-Directory Settings via Web for more information.
You have 2 Call Recording options on your Office@Hand account; the On-Demand Call Recording allows Users to record calls at any time by pressing (*) (9) on a phone dial pad, while the Automatic Call Recording automatically records all calls to and/or from a specific User or Group.
This section allows you to configure your Time Zone and Time Format. The Time Format option can be set to 12-hour or 24-hour format.
Keywords: auto receptionist, overview, features, business hours, handle, incoming calls, dial-by-name directory, operator extension, Auto-Receptionist
Was this page helpful?