AT&T Collaborate quick reference EdgeMarc 3700 Intelligent Edge
The EdgeMarc® 3700 Intelligent Edge device works with the AT&T CollaborateSM VoIP (Voice over IP) service to prioritize Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) and Real-Time Transport Protocol (RTP) traffic, giving you higher quality voice or video without interruption. The EdgeMarc 3700 connects to your network, determines available bandwidth, and creates queues for latency-sensitive traffic.
The EdgeMarc 3700 helps you deliver wire-speed service quality, and it bridges your WAN, LAN, or 2-segmented LANs.
The EdgeMarc 3700 supports:
- Up to 10 concurrent calls
- Up to 60 devices
- Data speeds of up to 60Mbps
- 7 preconfigured priority queues for traffic shaping
- Bypass mode—In normal mode, traffic between the LAN and WAN ports is controlled to improve service quality. If the system fails, the EdgeMarc 3700 switches to bypass mode within 15 seconds. In bypass mode, the LAN and WAN ports respond as if they’re connected by cable.
Use the EdgeMarc 3700
Connect the device to your network, verify the connection, and start using the EdgeMarc 3700.
Connect the device
- Connect the EdgeMarc 3700 to your network:
- Connect the EdgeMarc 3700 L1 (LAN) port to the downstream LAN switch (or to the router if the 3700 is installed between the Internet connection point and the router).
- Connect the WAN port (on the back of the device on the far right) to the upstream router (or to the Internet connection point if the 3700 is installed between the Internet connection point and the router).
- Connect the device to a power source.
Test the connection
After connecting it to your network, verify that the device is connected correctly.
- View the LED status on the front the device:
- Power—Green when the device is turned on.
- Status—Red when a failure event has been detected.
- Bypass—Green when the device is running in bypass mode.
- Speed LED
- Green when the network is connected at 1000Mbps.
- Orange when the network is connected at 100Mbps.
- If both lights are off, the link speed is 10Mbps.
- Link LED
- Green when the device is connected. This light blinks when traffic is detected on the port.