To help you stay in touch, the AT&T Collaborate SM service provides the Collaborate app, which comes in these versions:
- Mobile Audio Only, with voice-only features, is included in each Basic Voice Seat.
- Mobile is available with the Unified Communications (UC) bundle, which includes voice, video, and advanced communications features.
- Tablet includes audio features plus more for tablets. This version is available only with the UC bundle.
- Desktop includes audio features plus more, such as screen sharing and video conferencing, for desktop computers. Also includes the Microsoft® Outlook® add-in and Skype® for Business. Note that these 2 services don’t work together. If your administrator configures your Desktop app to work with your company’s Skype for Business service, don’t install the Outlook add-in. This version is available only with the Unified Communications bundle.
The Mobile and Tablet versions are available from the Google Play™ Store for Android® devices and from the Apple® App Store for iOS® devices. When you use the app on smartphones and tablets, you must upgrade to the latest version of the operating system for your device.
Android devices must have:
- More than 1 core processor
- 1GB or more available memory
- ARMv7 instruction set
- Screen resolution of 320×480 for smartphones and 1280×800 for tablets
Before you can download the app, your administrator must assign it to you when creating your profile in the Collaborate service. After the app is assigned to you, it appears in your Collaborate profile and on the Collaborate homepage.
When you install the Outlook add-in, you can view all your Collaborate app contacts in Outlook. You can also use Outlook to start a chat and make calls. Remember, you can’t use both Skype for Business and the Outlook add-in.
This table shows the different versions of the Collaborate app and some of the features you can use with each version.
|You can||Mobile Audio Only||Mobile||Tablet||Desktop|
|Hold audio conference||X||X||X||X|
|Manage contacts (local address book)||X||X||X||X|
|Search the Collaborate company directory||X||X||X||X|
|Accept or decline requests to share presence with other users in your company||X||X||X|
|Set and share presence status||X||X||X|
|Use instant messaging||X||X||X|
|Change an audio call to a video call||X||X||X|
|Change a video call to an audio-only call||X||X||X|
|Upload an image (profile photo)||X||X||X|
|Start a group chat||X||X||X|
|Share your desktop||X|
|View and group users in contact lists||X|
|Access to more presence icons||X|
Collaborate app versions and features
The Mobile Audio Only version works with iPhone® and Android devices and these operating systems:
iPhone 6 Plus
|iOS 7.x, 8.x, and 9.x|
|Android devices||Android 4.0 and later|
The Mobile Audio Only app works with these smartphones and operating systems.
The Mobile, Desktop, and Tablet versions work with these device types and operating systems:
|iPad® 2 and later (includes iPad Air® 2, iPad mini™)||iOS 7.x, 8.x, and 9.x|
|Tablet||Android 4.0 or later|
|PC||Windows® 8, 8.1, 10 (Classic View only)|
|Mac||OS X 10.9 (Mavericks)|
|Mac||OS X 10.10 (Yosemite)|
|Mac||OS X 10.11 (El Capitan)|
The Mobile and Desktop apps work with these devices and operating systems.
Mobile Audio Only
You can use Mobile Audio Only for voice calls and conferencing on your smartphone. Your Collaborate company directory listings are automatically added to your contact list in the Collaborate app.
With Mobile Audio Only, you can:
- Make and receive calls
- Hold conference calls with up to 3 participants
- Manage the contacts in your local address book
- Search the Collaborate company directory
Mobile, tablet, and desktop
The Collaborate app includes audio plus other features, and it comes in versions for your PC, Mac®, tablet, and with advanced features for smartphones as part of the Unified Communications bundle. In addition to the features that come with Mobile, features include:
- Audio conferencing
- Presence sharing
- Instant messaging
- Video calling
You can also:
- Set your presence status (available, away, busy)
- Accept or decline requests to share presence information with other users in your company
- Upload an image or photo (avatar)
- Enter and show a personal message
- Start a group chat
- Change an audio call into a video call, or change a video call to an audio-only call
Desktop gives you all the features of the mobile and tablet versions, and you can also:
- Share your desktop
- View other users by location (using their public IP addresses)
- Group and view users in contact lists
- Choose from more presence icons
- Use the Outlook add-in to integrate Microsoft® Outlook® with Collaborate
The Outlook add-in works with the Desktop app to let you view the presence of your Collaborate contacts when you’re signed in to both the app and Microsoft Outlook. You can also use Outlook to view and use the Collaborate app features. For example, from Outlook, you can right-click an email in your Inbox to call or chat with the sender. When you read an email from someone on your Collaborate app Buddy list, you’ll see that user’s Collaborate presence noted with a green, gray, or red bar in the subject header. When you move the cursor over the contact’s email address, a window with Collaborate controls opens. From here, you can start a chat or make a voice or video call. To open the function you want in the Desktop app, click the corresponding icon in Outlook. You’ll see these options:
- Call From Computer
- Call From Phone
- Video Call
You can also start chats and make calls with Collaborate contacts from their contact cards in Outlook.
Skype for Business
The Desktop app integrates with Skype® for Business. You can use Collaborate for non-Skype calls, such as calls to mobile while presence, chat, and Skype-to-Skype calls still take place through Skype.
Existing Skype integration with, for example, SharePoint, Office 365, and Internet Explorer can be used so that calls can be made from those apps.
Usual Collaborate call control features such as hang up, mute, transfer, conference, and Call Park are supported. Collaborate call logs and call settings are also available in this configuration.
Collaborate also updates phone presence on the Skype side. Collaborate must be started after Skype for calling to work smoothly.
Note: The Outlook and Skype for Business add-ins cannot be used at the same time.
Download desktop app
On a Mac or PC
- On the Collaborate homepage, on the left menu, click Equipment. The Devices and apps page appears.
- Under Make and model, look for Desktop, click Download windows or Download mac.
- When you’re prompted, click Run or Open.
- Follow the prompts that appear on the screen.
- Enter your Collaborate app username and password, and then click Sign In.
Install the Outlook add-in for PCs
The Outlook add-in is part of the Desktop app. To install the add-in, during the setup process, on the Install Options screen, check Install Outlook plugin.
Activate Skype for Business on PCs
The Desktop app integrates with Skype® for Business. Your administrator must activate Skype for Business for you in the Collaborate portal.
Download the app on mobile devices and tablets
- Go to the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store and search for AT&T Collaborate.
- Select the Collaborate app.
- Tap Install.
- Tap Accept.
- Tap Open.
- To accept the Terms and Conditions, check I agree, and then tap Agree and continue.
- Enter your Collaborate app username and password, and then tap Sign in.