The AT&T Collaborate SM service provides the Collaborate app, which lets you control how you manage calls and conferences. Use the Collaborate service to:
- Assign devices that can accept incoming calls to users.
- Assign devices that users can switch to during an ongoing call or conference.
The Collaborate app comes in Mobile, Mobile Audio Only, Tablet, and Desktop versions.
With the Basic Voice Seat, you have access to the Mobile Audio Only version, with voice-only features.
With the Unified Communications (UC) bundle, you have access to the Mobile, Tablet, and Desktop versions, which include voice, video, and advanced communications features.
- Mobile includes audio features audio features, conferencing, video, and advanced communications features.
- Desktop includes audio features plus more, such as screen sharing and video conferencing, for desktop computers. Also includes the Microsoft® Outlook® add-in and Skype® for Business. Let your users know that these 2 services don’t work together. If you configure the Desktop version to work with your company’s Skype for Business service, don’t download the Outlook add-in. This version is available only with the Unified Communications bundle.
- Tablet includes audio features and more for tablets. This version is available only with the UC bundle.
The Collaborate app for smartphones and tablets is available from the Google Play™ Store for Android® devices and from the App Store® for iOS® devices. When you use the app on smartphones and tablets, you must upgrade to the latest version of the operating system for your device.
Android devices must have:
- More than one core processor
- 1GB or more available memory
- ARMv7 instruction set
- Screen resolution of 320×480 for smartphones and 1280×800 for tablets
When you create users, you must assign them the app before they can sign in. For information about creating users, see Create users.
This table shows the different versions of the Collaborate app and some of the features you can use with each version.
|You can||Mobile (audio only)||Mobile (UC bundle)||Tablet||Desktop|
|Hold audio conferences||X||X||X||X|
|Manage contacts in local address book||X||X||X||X|
|Search the Collaborate company directory||X||X||X||X|
|Accept or decline requests to share presence with others in your company||X||X||X|
|Set and share presence status||X||X||X|
|Send instant messages||X||X||X|
|Make video calls||X||X||X|
|Change an audio call to a video call||X||X||X|
|Change a video call to an audio-only call||X||X||X|
|Upload an image (profile photo)||X||X||X|
|Start a group chat||X||X||X|
|Share your desktop||X|
|View and group users in contact lists||X|
|Access more presence icons||X|
Collaborate app versions and features
Mobile Audio Only and Mobile work with iPhone® and Android devices and these operating systems:
|iPhone 4s, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 8||iOS 7.x, 8.x, 9.x, 10.x, and 11.x|
|Android devices||Android 4.0 and later|
Mobile Audio Only and Mobile work with these smartphones and operating systems.
The Desktop and Tablet versions work with these device types and operating systems:
|iPad® 2 and later (includes iPad Air® 2, iPad mini®)||iOS 7.x, 8.x, 9.x, 10.x, and 11.x|
|Tablet||Android 4.0 or later|
|PC||Windows® 8, 8.1, 10 (Classic View only)|
|Mac||OS X 10.9 (Mavericks)|
|Mac||OS X 10.10 (Yosemite)|
|Mac||OS X 10.11 (El Capitan)|
|Mac||OX X 10.12 (Sierra)|
The Mobile and Desktop versions work with these devices and operating systems.
Mobile Audio Only
You can use Mobile Audio Only for voice calls and conferencing on smartphones. Your Collaborate company directory listings are automatically added to your contact list in the Collaborate app.
With Mobile Audio Only you can:
- Make and receive calls
- Hold conference calls with up to 3 participants
- Manage the contacts in your local address book
- Search the Collaborate company directory
Mobile (UC bundle), Tablet, and Desktop
The Collaborate app includes audio plus other features, and it comes in versions for your PC, Mac®, tablet, and with advanced features for smartphones as part of the UC bundle. In addition to the features that come with the Mobile version, other features include:
- Audio conferencing
- Video conferencing
- Employee presence
- Instant messaging
- Video calling
You can also:
- Set your presence status (available, away, busy)
- Accept or decline requests to share presence information with other users in your company
- Upload an image or photo (avatar)
- Enter and show a personal message
- Start a group chat
- Change an audio call to a video call, or change a video call to an audio-only call
The Desktop version gives you all the features of the Mobile and Tablet versions, plus you can:
- Share your desktop
- Group and view users in contact lists
- Choose from more presence icons
- Use the Outlook add-in to integrate Microsoft® Outlook® with Collaborate
The Microsoft® Outlook® add-in works with the Desktop version to let you view the presence of your Collaborate contacts when you’re signed in to both the app and Outlook. You can also use Outlook to view and use the Collaborate app features.
For example, from Outlook, you can right-click an email in your Inbox to call or chat with the sender. When you read an email from someone on your Collaborate app Buddy list, you’ll see that user’s Collaborate presence noted with a green, gray, or red bar in the subject header. When you move the cursor over the contact’s email address, a window with Collaborate controls opens. From here, you can start a chat or make a voice or video call.
You can install the Outlook add-in when you install the app. To open the function you want in the Desktop version, click the corresponding icon in Outlook. You’ll see these options:
- Call From Computer
- Call From Phone
- Video Call
You can also start chats and make calls with Collaborate contacts from their contact cards in Outlook.
Download the app
Download the app on Mac or PC
- On the Collaborate homepage, at the top of the page, click Switch to site view or click Select a site, and then search for or select a site to manage.
- On the left menu, expand Equipment, and then click Manage devices. The Manage devices page appears.
- Search for or select Desktop. The manage page for the app appears.
- Click Download windows or Download mac, as applicable.
- Follow the prompts to install and set up the app.
- To install the Outlook add-in, on the Install Options page, check Install Collaborate’s Outlook plugin.
Download the app on mobile devices and tablets
- Go to the Google Play™ Store or the App Store® and search for AT&T Collaborate.
- Select the Collaborate app.
- Tap Install.
- Tap Accept.
- Tap Open.
- To accept the Terms and Conditions, check the I agree box, and then tap Agree and continue.
- Enter your Collaborate app username and password, and then tap Sign in.