Office@Hand: Setting Up your Office@Hand Company Greeting
How do I customize my Company Greetings?
The Company Greeting and Menu section provides additional call handling options, including hearing the Default greeting and recording a Custom greeting. This is a great way to specify the greeting callers will hear when they call your main company number, during Company or Business Hours, and After Hours.
QUICK TIP: The Company Greeting can also be setup through the Office@Hand mobile app.
Click on the links below to know more about customizing your Company Greetings.
• Accessing the Company Greeting and Menu Section
• Default Company Greetings
• Setting Up Custom Company Greetings for User Hours or After Hours
• Setting the Rule if the Caller Enters No Action
• Setting Up the Operator Extension
- Log in as an Administrator to your Office@Hand online account.
- Go to Admin Portal, and then click Phone System.
- Click Auto-Receptionist, and then IVR Settings.
- Select Company Hours or After Hours, and then click Edit.
- Select Default on the drop down menu under Set Greeting.
Press the play button to hear a sample of the default greeting.
- Choose between Company Hours or After Hours, and then click Edit.
- There are three ways to customize your Office@Hand Company Greetings:
This option will allow you to record your customized custom Company Greetings over the phone.
- Select Record over the phone, select or enter your telephone number on the box provided, and then click Call now. Office@Hand will call the phone number you keyed in, after which you will be given instructions over the phone.
- You will receive an automated call from Office@Hand on the number the you selected, with the instructions for recording your custom greetings. Press 1 to start recording and when you are done, press the pound # key. After you press the pound # key, the following prompts will be announced:
• Press 1 – Save your custom greeting.
• Press 2 – Listen to your greeting.
• Press 3 – Change your greeting.
Your custom greeting will be saved and activated once you end the call. Once satisfied, click Save.
Click the Play button to listen to your custom recording.
Click the Re-record button to change or replace your custom recording.
Click the Download button to download and save your custom recording.
- Click on the Record button to start recording the Custom Greeting.
Note: Press the Record button again to stop the recording.
- Press the Play button to listen to the recording. Once finished click on the upward arrow button to to save the custom greeting.
- Click Done.
This option will allow you to upload a customized pre-recorded audio file stored on your computer/device.
On Import, click Browse to locate the recording. The recommended files are:
• CCITT u-Law (G711a), 8kHz, 8 bit, mono
• PCM, 8kHz, 16 bit, mono
- Click Open and upload the Custom Greeting.
- Click Done.
Click the Play button listen to the recording.
Once you’re done setting up the Company Hours and After Hours greeting, you need to set the rule if the Caller enters no action.
- Connect to Operator
Select this option if you want to direct callers to ext. 0, or the Operator Extension, after the greeting.
Select this option if you want to disconnect the caller after the greeting repeats three times.
For more information about Company Call Handling, go to [ADMIN] Setting your Office@Hand Company Call Handling and Operator Extension.
The Operator Extension is an extension that is set up to receive all calls and messages that comes in to the main company number. You can assign a User or a Call Queue as the Operator Extension.
Office@Hand: Auto-Receptionist Overview
Keywords: custom business hours greeting, custom greeting, uploading company business hours greeting, company greetings, customize greeting, record greeting, import greeting, company hours, greeting
Was this page helpful?