On-Demand Call Recording – Customize Announcement | Admin | AT&T Office@Hand
This article provides information on how to customize your on-demand call recording announcement. Call Recording is a feature on your AT&T Office@Hand account which enables you to record incoming and outgoing calls on-demand or automatically. You can also playback the recordings, download the recorded call logs for sales and support training, compliance and etc. Tied to this feature is the Call Recording Announcement to notify your callers that the call is being recorded.
On-Demand Call Recording – Customize Announcement | Admin
IMPORTANT: State and federal laws require that your callers hear a call recording notification before and after a call is recorded. Administrators need to ensure your company’s call recording procedures comply with federal and state laws; AT&T Office@Hand is not responsible for your company’s compliance.
- Log in as an Administrator to your AT&T Office@Hand online account.
- Go to Phone System > Auto-Receptionist > Call Recording.
- Under On-Demand Call Recording, click Edit below the announcement that needs to be customized.
- Announcement on Start
When starting the recording of a call, this message will be played to indicate that the recording is starting.
- Announcement on Stop
When ending the recording of a call, this message will be played to indicate that the recording function has been turned off.
- Click the drop-down box below Set Greeting, then select Custom.
- You can customize your On-demand Call Recording Announcement in 3 ways:
Click on links below to learn about recording methods:
Recording by Phone
This option will allow you to record your customized Recording Announcements over the phone.
- Select Phone. Enter your telephone number in the box provided, then click Call Now.
- It will try to reach the phone number you keyed in. Follow the given instructions to record your announcement.
Recording by Computer microphone
This option allows you to record your own Call Recording Announcement using your computer’s microphone.
- Speak into the microphone and adjust the volume using the slider button.
Click the Record button when the volume meter turns into green.
- After recording, you may:
Click the Play button to preview the announcement.
Click the Record button to re-record the announcement
Click the Upload button to upload the announcement.
- Click Done.
Record by Importing
This option allows you to upload a customized pre-recorded audio file stored on your computer/device.
Note: Office@Hand recommends using the .wav or .mp3 audio formats for better audio quality:
- CCITT u-Law (G711a), 8 kHz, 8-bit, mono
- PCM, 8 kHz, 16-bit, mono
- Click the drop-down box below Recording by, then select Importing. Click Browse.
- Locate the file that needs to be uploaded, then click Open.
Note: It may take a while to upload the file, depending on its size.
- You will be prompted after the successful upload. Click Done.
Note: You may also click the Play button to preview the announcement or click the Record button to re-upload the announcement.
For more information on the Call Recording Feature, go to:
Call Recordings – Enable on online account | Admin | AT&T Office@Hand
Automatic Call Recording – Frequently Asked Questions | AT&T Office@Hand
Call Recordings Settings via your online account | AT&T Office@Hand
On-Demand Call Recording – Enable or Disable | AT&T Office@Hand
On-Demand Call Recording – Initiate | AT&T Office@Hand
On-Demand Call Recording – Check on online account | AT&T Office@Hand
Keywords: call recording announcement, on-demand call recording, on-demand, demand, call recording, 4024,
Was this page helpful?