Adding custom properties to your address book using the TeleNav Track web interface
Note: Custom properties are additional fields that you can add to the contact information to note important things about the contact, such as gate access codes to get into the facility. After saving these fields, they display in the “Custom Properties” panel of any address you want to modify and send and are added as columns in your address book.
- Click Setup.
- Under “Locations”, click Address Book.
- Click Custom Properties.
- Click New Property.
- In the textbox below “Name”, enter the new property name.
- In the dropdown below “Type”, select the field type from the dropdown. The options are as follows:
- Number Only—numeric values only.
- Free Text—a specified amount of characters.
- Choices—select from a list of options.
- If the Choices option has been selected for type, in the box below “Choices”, enter an array of choices for the user to select from, separated by commas. For example: Yes, No, Maybe.
- In the textbox below “Maximum Length”, enter the maximum number of characters that the user can enter.
Note: The default value is 20.
- Optional: If the field should have a default value, enter it in the textbox below “Default Value”.
- In the dropdown below “Allow Empty”, select whether the field may be left empty.
- In the dropdown below “Send with Job”, select whether the property is sent with the job.
- Optional: In the textbox below, “Description”, enter a brief description to identify the property.
- Click Save Changes.