Advanced Call Handling Set up Advanced Custom Answering Rules | AT&T Office@Hand
In the Advanced Call Handling section, you can set up your preferred rules for better call management using conditions based on time of day, date range, incoming caller ID and called number. This article shows how Administrators can create and configure a Custom Answering Rule on your Advanced Call Handling Settings.
Advanced Call Handling Set up Advanced Custom Answering Rules
- Log in to your Office@Hand account
- Go to Users > User List.
- Select the user or extension you want to configure then click Call Handling & Forwarding.
- Under the Advanced tab, Click Add Rule.
- Create a name for your Custom Answering Rule. Click Next to proceed.
- Define the conditions for your Custom Answering Rule. You may enable a single condition or multiple conditions based on Caller ID, Called Number or Date and/or time.
- Caller ID
Type the phone number to use. You can use a partial number, such as just country code plus area code. Contacts from your address book can be found by starting to type their names or numbers.
- Called Number
You may use this option to configure rules based on the phone number the caller called. You may use this when creating custom rules for your phone numbers used on promotional or marketing campaigns.
- Date and/or time
To handle calls differently for holidays, vacation, or other specific dates, select a specific date range. To handle calls a certain way on the same days and times each week, select a weekly schedule. Note that such custom Answering Rules are applied before the Business Hours and After Hours rules.
- Define the Call Handling for your Custom Answering Rule. Click Save when completed.
- Forward Calls
Select if you want to forward the call to multiple phone numbers in a specific order and have your greeting settings apply.
Take Messages Only – Send callers to voicemail.
- Play Announcement Only
Play a prerecorded announcement and end the call afterwards.
- Unconditional Forwarding
Select if you want to forward the call to a different phone number without having to go through your greeting settings. This option is good when you want the call to go directly to your personal voicemail when you don’t pick up.
- Your Custom Answering Rule will now appear on the Advanced tab. You may edit, delete, or save the rule as a template.
QUICK TIP: Click Validate Rules to check if your Custom Answering Rule overlaps or has a conflict with another rule.
Note: For Custom Rules with conflicts, you may edit, delete, or temporarily disable the conflicting rules.
Advanced Call Handling Set up Custom Rule based on Date/Time | AT&T Office@Hand
Advanced Call Handling Set Custom Rule Based on Called Number | AT&T Office@Hand
Key Words: Advanced Call Handling, Custom rules, schedule, date, rules, 3794
Was this page helpful?